Hardware / high temperature

shadows

Extraordinary Member
Hi Windows Forum
I'm writing this topic for a friend of mine.
I can start by explaning why I've made this post.
Well you see, my friend has quite some problems with her Laptop, she is experiencing high temperature on her laptop while gaming bf3 on low sittings. She changed thermal paste on her CPU, cleaned all the dust away and done everything she needed to do.
After putting new thermal paste, her temperature goes up to 87 °C (CPU) and 84 °C (GPU).
The picture in this thread shows her specs on her laptop which was taken before she have put new thermal paste on.
Do you guys have any suggestions what else that may cause the temperature raises so much? Or what else she can do to lower the temperature?
I've adviced her to get a cooling docking station for her laptop.

Very Best Regards Shadows / René

Attachments

• speccy.jpg
    speccy.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 219
Laptops that aren't designed for gaming in mind usually aren't that great for gaming a mainstream title like BF3...

That being said the TJUNCTION of that CPU (the temp at which the cpu-die is considered safe up to, and does not throttle until reached) is 105c which she probably is not hitting (so its running within spec). Which particular laptop is it?

You can try programs such as Speed Fan and enable the system fan at 100% while gaming, and a cooling dock may help.

Back