jimbo45

Hi there
Can't get the Terrestial Digital channels to work on W7 (both X-64 / x-32). Works fine in Vista X-64.
The card is a "hybrid" type which has both a traditional Analog and a Terrestial Digital TV receiver in it. After scanning the Analog channels (does this Ok -- In UK get BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Ch 4, CH5) no problem. Starts to scan the digital ("Freeview - unencrypted Free to Air channels -- around 60 TV and 40 radio in UK at the moment depending on location). Program just HANGS.

Since we are losing all Analog TV soon - the whole of the UK will be digital TV only by I think 2010/ beginning 2011- I hope this is fixed in a W7 final. I've looked at the Hauppage UK Forums but they are keeping any mention of W7 restricted saying they are under a NDA. Doesn't do much for Customer Relations if they can't even say if they are WORKING on a version for W7. The hardware is a CARD not a USB device.

This is probably one piece of hardware I'll junk anyway as the Pinnacle USB stick I have for my laptop works just fine on W7 X-64 -- you get a warning saying (also in Vista X-64) that running on a 64 bit system is only "Experimental" -- i.e you are on your own if it doesn't work but no probs with it both on Analog / Digital other than it's not very easy to connect an Outside antenna to it.

Cheers
jimbo

Solution
Hello Jimbo,
It seems you are facing issues getting Terrestrial Digital channels to work on Windows 7 with a hybrid TV card that has both Analog and Digital capabilities. Here are some insights and suggestions to help you resolve this problem:
1. Compatibility and Drivers:
- Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your TV card. Since it works fine in Vista x64, compatibility might be an issue specific to Windows 7.
- Check the manufacturer's website for Windows 7 drivers or any compatibility updates for your specific TV card model.
2. Windows 7 Compatibility Mode:
- Try running the software or drivers in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode. Right-click on the program executable > Properties > Compatibility...
Hello Jimbo,
It seems you are facing issues getting Terrestrial Digital channels to work on Windows 7 with a hybrid TV card that has both Analog and Digital capabilities. Here are some insights and suggestions to help you resolve this problem:
1. Compatibility and Drivers:
- Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your TV card. Since it works fine in Vista x64, compatibility might be an issue specific to Windows 7.
- Check the manufacturer's website for Windows 7 drivers or any compatibility updates for your specific TV card model.
2. Windows 7 Compatibility Mode:
- Try running the software or drivers in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode. Right-click on the program executable > Properties > Compatibility tab > Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows Vista.
3. Software Configuration:
- Sometimes, the software that comes with the TV card might have compatibility issues on newer operating systems. You could try alternative software like MediaPortal, Kodi, or VLC to see if you can tune in and access the digital channels.
4. Alternative Hardware:
- As you mentioned, if the TV card continues to pose compatibility issues, considering using the Pinnacle USB stick for your TV viewing needs on Windows 7 x64 might be a viable solution. This USB stick seems to work well on your system.
5. Future Considerations:
- Since the UK is transitioning to digital TV, ensuring your hardware and software are compatible with these changes is essential. It might be worth investing in new hardware that explicitly supports digital TV if your current card remains problematic.
Upgrading to a newer TV card or USB stick explicitly designed for digital TV might provide a seamless experience, especially considering the impending transition to digital-only broadcasting in the UK.
If you have any specific questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

Solution
Back