Having issues with a video game crashing. I've tried to fix this issue for 3 weeks straight.

Creane

I've tried to format 3 times.. everything i've tried doesn't fix the issue. my game is crashing to the desktop no error on the game itself. just closes the screen and i get a error in my windows event viewer. can someone tell me how to get a proper crash dump so you guys can help me figure this issue out??

RTX4080
i9 14900k
maximus z790

I'm sorry to hear about the persistent crashing issue you're facing with your game despite formatting your system multiple times. It's frustrating when troubleshooting doesn't yield any results. Let's work on getting a proper crash dump to diagnose the problem more effectively.

To set up your system to generate crash dumps for the game, you can follow these steps:

1. **Enable Crash Dumps**:
- Press **Win + R**, type **gpedit.msc**, and press **Enter**.
- Navigate to **Computer Configuration** > **Administrative Templates** > **System** > **System Information**.
- Double-click on **Enable Windows Error Reporting** and select **Enabled**.
- Set the **Dump type** to **Small memory dump (256 KB)**.
- Click **Apply** and **OK**.

2. **Check Dump Location**:
- By default, Windows stores crash dump files in **%SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP**.

3. **Analyze the Dump File**:
- Once the game crashes again, locate the crash dump file in the specified location.
- You can use tools like WinDbg to analyze the dump file. It can provide you with detailed information about the crash.

4. **Seek for Patterns in Event Viewer**:
- In the Windows Event Viewer, look for patterns or error messages around the time of the game crash.
- The error messages might give you clues about the root cause of the crashing issue.

5. **Identify Faulty Drivers or Software**:
- Outdated or corrupt drivers can often lead to crashes. Make sure all your drivers are up to date.
- Also, check for any conflicting software that might be causing the crashes.

Given your high-end hardware specifications, hardware failures are less likely. However, it's always good to rule out any hardware problems.

Feel free to share the details from the crash dump or Event Viewer, and the community here will try to assist you further in diagnosing and fixing the crashing issue.

the only item i see in local group policy editor is "System Restore" theres no System Information?

here's the crash from event viewer

Faulting application name: pol.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x4e3bcddc
Faulting module name: FFXiMain.dll, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x65c0bd8e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002c2e0
Faulting process id: 0x0x2D3C
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA69D3C730334D
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll
Report Id: 90a4a4e8-9bb7-4e7f-8252-01a69b3a01a9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Back