Hello Face API...

News

Extraordinary Robot
Robot
Today's series comes from Coding4Fun Friend, Bruno Capuano, where he shows off one of our favorite subjects, facial recognition, with a cloud twist. Bruno is showing off Microsoft's Project Oxford, Face API's and how you can get started using them.

First, Project Oxford?

Project Oxford

Welcome to Microsoft Project Oxford

An evolving portfolio of REST APIs and SDKs enabling developers to easily add intelligent services into their solutions to leverage the power of Microsoft's natural data understanding

Software Development Kit (SDK)

Face

• .Net
    Last Update: 5/8/2015

• Android
    Last Update: 5/12/2015
Speech

Computer Vision

• .Net
    Last Update: 4/29/2015

• Android
    Last Update: 4/29/2015
Face APIs

Microsoft’s state-of-the-art cloud-based face algorithms to detect and recognize human faces in images. Your mobile and PC Apps will be powered with face capabilities.

Okay, okay, enough of that. Now Bruno's stuff (I know, finally!!)

Here's the current list. This list is growing, so please keep an eye on his blog for more;

ENG [#AZURE] Face APIs with #Azure (1) #MachineLearning

Every time I perform a Coding4Fun session, I always take the opportunity to talk a little about the progress in the process of face detection, facial recognition and detection of emotions, etc. If you like Azure, now is a great time to start testing something for this topic, since using Machine Learning experiments, there are a number of features available to perform these actions.

In this series of posts I’ll show you how to configure Azure for having an instance of Face APIs, how to active and publish it as a service and finally as consume it from an .Net app.

You should start adding a Face API instance from the Azure Machine Learning Market Place Gallery . Access the Market Place and add search for Face APIs .

The wizard is fairly simple, and it’s free. For now is only available in the West US region, although that doesn’t affect us much.

Once created the instance, it will appear in our list of items for the Market Place section. The next step is very important, since it is where to generate the key that we will identify to use this service from our apps. We must Access the portal Face APIs from the option “Manage”

ENG [#VS2015] Hello Face: #FaceAPIs in a Wpf App (3)

In the previous post I shared the 10 sample lines that we can user as a Face APIs basic functionality in a console app to :

• detect faces
  • detect age on each face
  • detect sex on each face

Moreover, another option that does Face APIs provide is the ability to identify the region on the original image for each detected face. In the next example, I’ve added a WPF project and I have referenced the ClientLibrary. It is based on one of the examples in the Face APIs SDKs.

This project has 2 important files

lib \ FaceApiHelper.cs. This class is the one used for image processing using Face APIs service.

UserControls \ Face.cs. Represents a User Control, with an image to show the face, and also a series of labels to show the age and sex.

[Click through for the entire post]

Finally make sure you check out his GitHub repo, elbruno/ProjectOxford

Hopefully you have enough to get started, so... Hello Face!

Follow @CH9
Follow @coding4fun
Follow @gduncan411

njs.gif

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom