Windows 7 Help analyzing a kernel dump (MEMORY.dmp)

grez

Hello,

I keep getting a clock watchdog timeout with a bugcheck 101 for about 6 months now (it happens about once per 2-3 days). I've reinstalled and updated windows7 x64, updated drivers, ran driver verifier for 24h, did ram, cpu, hdd, ssd, gpu stress tests for 10hours~, checked for bios updates, cleared cmos, checked for corrupt system files, checked eventviewer for potential issues, reseated components in case of a bad contact and so on.

The minidump points to ntoskrnl.exe but since its a core component of windows the issue lies elsewhere. I suspect the problem is hardware related but the tests did not show it (prime95, intel processor diagnostic tool, memtest86, smart ssd test, furmark gpu stress test).

System temperatures are also within norm (30-40 for cpu, 40-68 for gpu, 30-40 for hdd and ssd).
So i would like to ask for help analyzing the kernel dump as i don't have enough knowledge to analyze it and find out what is causing the issue.

MEMORY.dmp download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2enaj9tf7t6f1p/MEMORY.DMP?dl=1

Thanks!

Grez

Last edited:
Hi Grez and welcome to the forum :up:

Take a look at this link which has explicit directions on how to post BSOD dump files back to the thread here on WF and one of our expert dump analysts will examine the files and make some recommendations.
Here's the link: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Also, it's important for us to have your hardware specs. So we need to know Make/Model of your computer. Is it a desktop PC or a laptop? Is it an OEM computer (Dell, Acer, HP, Gateway, Toshiba, Samsung, etc.) or is it a self-built rig or custom-rig?? If it's a self-built rig or custom-rig we also need to know the Make/Model of your PSU and Wattage. Please download the free SPECCY diagnostic from piriform.com and post back the output text file result back to this same thread on a new reply.

We'll do what we can to help you solve it.:lightbulb:

Best of luck,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Hey,

To be honest i don't know much about computers - this post was written with the help of my computer savvy friend (who helped me buy the pc and install stuff on it but even he has no clue what is causing the issue despite him taking the pc to his home to do tests for a few days). Hopefully the files this program that you pointed me to made will tell you what you asked!

Sorry and thanks!

Grez

Edit: Tomorrow i will ask him to help me with the cpu-z and rammon thing that the link asks.

Attachments

• W7F_18-07-2016.zip
    981.5 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 101, {19, 0, fffff880009cf180, 4}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
as your already aware dump files are showing Bugcheck 101 meaning a processor has become unresponsive.
Unfortunately the processor is part of a 'unknown module' which doesn't really help much although after looking through your dump file you do have some 'possible suspects'.. :)

First however, can you post the make and model of your Power supply unit please.

nuvserenum.sys Wed Nov 30 07:59:36 2011: Nuvoton Serenum Filter Driver
nuvserial.sys Wed Nov 30 07:59:28 2011:Nuvoton Communications Port Driver
Is the above something you've added? The driver is pretty old and if you can please update. It might also be worth removing to see if bsod continues.
Microcontroller (MCU)|M0 |M4 - Nuvoton

truecrypt.sys Tue Feb 07 09:09:36 2012: TrueCrypt driver. Visiting the Truecrypt page one will find this:
warning.JPG

I would consider removing the application after making the necessary changes and use either bitlocker or something else.
TrueCrypt

I notice your running an SSD. Do you have Windows running in AHCI mode or IDE? It's always best to be running in AHCI with SSD's and this guide will show you how to enable it:
GUIDE - Enabling AHCI mode AFTER Windows 7 Installation - Guru3D.com Forums

Is the SSD fully updating firmware wise? If not please run the Magician software and update:
Tool & Software | Download | Samsung V-NAND SSD

See how you get on with the above and please post any new dump files (don't forget to post about the PSU too :) )

The psu is: TS Gold Series 650W PSU - P1-650G-TS3X
Drivers are all from the motherboard's and gpu's site then updated with: Snappy Driver Installer - Install and Update Drivers for Free
I've disabled nuevo drivers and turned off truecrypt.
Windows is running in AHCI mode.
I've installed samsung magician and it said the SSD has the lastest firmware.
I've attached CPU-Z files.

I'm unable to load the official rammon site:

Warning: require_once(/usr/www/users/passmark/newsite/sales/includes/db_prices.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/passmark/products/rammon.htm on line 5

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/usr/www/users/passmark/newsite/sales/includes/db_prices.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/www/users/passmark/products/rammon.htm on line 5

I've downloaded it from majorgeeks however upon launch it says: "Unable to load DirectIo driver, unexpected error."

But it passed several hours of memtest86 so i assume the ram is fine.

Attachments

• cpuz.png
    cpuz.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 388
  • cpu-z html export.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 225
It may or may not be helpful to know which device is trying to perform some operation. In the dump when the BSOD occurred the system was on IRQ D (13). If you go into Device Manager, click on View and order by Resource Type. You can expand IRQs and see what is assigned 13.

Drivers are all from the motherboard's and gpu's site then updated with: Snappy Driver Installer - Install and Update Drivers for Free
Oh crap.... Driver installers are just about the worst way you can update your drivers as the invariably get it wrong and if possible you should steer clear of them.
Does there seem to be any pattern other than a bsod every 2-3 days?

Have you had a bsod since making the changes? If so please post the dump file.

Hey,

No i haven't had another crash happen but it will likely happen within 3 days again, will upload the file when it does. Generally the crash happens when i'm playing games or watching videos however they did happen while i was writing word documents/reading ebooks or when the computer was not in use (i just left it turned on while i was doing other things); however the crash while gaming is by far the most common.

Grez

Mark told me his pc crashed again so i went to take a look, same error as every time. I decided to look at event viewer for clues but same as always the only consistent error that happens before each crash is:
Session "Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D under kernel-event tracing pointing to eppoobe.etl every time.

I googled it before but people said the error shouldn't cause problems. What bothered me was that it had error 13. So i decided to completely uninstall MSE (i've already uninstalled it twice before before in an attempt to fix the problem but always reinstalled it after) with the specialized microsoft fixit tool because its apparently very hard to wholly remove using add or remove. The [Session "Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D] events stopped and so did the bsod's (soon 3 days without crashes; hopefully it will continue without them).

So far it seems the solution was to completely remove MSE.

Excellent trouble shooting and well spotted! Let's hope you have nailed it and the issues stop but as always if you do get a new dump file and would like it looked please post back.. :)

It is definitely MSE, he got the MSE error message in event viewer again (about 1 hour ago) and a few minutes later the system crashed. No matter what i try i cannot completely remove MSE from his computer (even just deleting the files causes them to reappear on restart, googled it - tried offered solutions none worked) so i will just reinstall his windows and not install MSE. Honestly i'm surprised microsoft's own anti virus crashes computers.
So for anyone with the same/similar problem make sure you don't install MSE.
Thanks for the help guys.

Hi,
thanks for the update. I wonder why MSE was acting the way it did because usually it's so stable. In fact it's something we recommend to users if they are not running Defender simply because it's so stable. Oh well in any case good luck with the new install! :)

Back