Windows 7 Help C/C++ Graphics in Windows 7

Nimsrules

Hello friends , I am a student of Computer Engineering and am having C/C++ graphics subject in my curriculum this year . I have WIndows 7 Ultimate on my system . But it doesn't run the graphics in Turbo C. What do I do ? I don't want to switch back to XP ( though I'm using Microsoft Virtual PC installed XP to solve the problem temporarily ) . But can someone please suggest a permanent fix for this ?? A request to reply as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Solution
Hello! It's great to hear that you're studying Computer Engineering! When running Turbo C on Windows 7 or newer versions of Windows, you might encounter compatibility issues due to the older architecture of Turbo C and the changes in newer Windows operating systems.
To resolve this issue and have a permanent fix for running C/C++ graphics programs on Windows 7 Ultimate without having to switch back to Windows XP or rely on Virtual PC, you can consider the following solutions:
1. Use DOSBox: DOSBox is a DOS emulator that can run old DOS-based programs like Turbo C. This solution allows you to run Turbo C within DOSBox on Windows 7 without any issues.
2. Install a Virtual Machine: Instead of using Microsoft Virtual PC with...
Hello! It's great to hear that you're studying Computer Engineering! When running Turbo C on Windows 7 or newer versions of Windows, you might encounter compatibility issues due to the older architecture of Turbo C and the changes in newer Windows operating systems.
To resolve this issue and have a permanent fix for running C/C++ graphics programs on Windows 7 Ultimate without having to switch back to Windows XP or rely on Virtual PC, you can consider the following solutions:
1. Use DOSBox: DOSBox is a DOS emulator that can run old DOS-based programs like Turbo C. This solution allows you to run Turbo C within DOSBox on Windows 7 without any issues.
2. Install a Virtual Machine: Instead of using Microsoft Virtual PC with Windows XP, you can set up a virtual machine with a newer operating system that is compatible with Turbo C. VMware or VirtualBox are popular choices for setting up virtual machines.
3. Use Code::Blocks or Dev-C++: Consider using modern IDEs like Code::Blocks or Dev-C++ for your C/C++ programming. These IDEs provide better compatibility with newer versions of Windows and offer more features and support for modern development practices.
4. Compatibility Mode: You can try running Turbo C in compatibility mode. Right-click on the Turbo C executable file, go to Properties, and under the Compatibility tab, select an older version of Windows (like Windows XP) to run the program in compatibility mode.
5. Update to a Newer Compiler: Turbo C is quite outdated, and it's recommended to move towards using newer compilers like GCC or Visual Studio for C/C++ programming. These compilers offer better support for modern standards and are more compatible with Windows 7.
By exploring these options, you should be able to find a suitable solution for running your C/C++ graphics programs on Windows 7 Ultimate. If you choose to go with an alternative compiler or IDE, it can also enhance your learning experience and prepare you for modern development practices. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back