Windows 7 Windows does not boot after saying checking file system on :C. pls help!!

Samuel Jackson

Hey guys,
Yesterday when I switched on my PC,it said "checking file system on :C" and it checked it and my PC worked fine for about 2 minutes. then I got a message saying "windows explorer is not responding" and my computer shut down and it said "A Disk Read Error Occurred. Press Ctr+alt+Del to Restart". I switched it off and the next day i got this error message:

AMIBIOS(C) 2006 AMERICAN MEGATRENDS,INC
G41M-US3 BIOS P1.50
CPU: INTEL (R) PENTUIM (R) D CPU 3.00GHZ
SPEED: 3.00 GHZ

Press F2 or Del to run setup
Press F6 for instant flash
Press F11 for boot menu
Single-channel memory mode
3838 MB Ok
Auto detecting SATAII_1....IDE HARD DISK

Primary master hard disk error
Press F1 to resume

If I click boot menu it either says "A Disk Read Error Occurred press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" or "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". Is this a hardware or a software problem? My desktop PC is a custom build with Windows 7. How can i fix this? Thank you in advance.

Sounds like you may have lost your hard drive. If there is any data on it which you desperately need to save then you should seek professional support. If not then see if you can boot from the recovery partition of the disk or, if you have an install dvd then try and run a repair, failing that reinstall.

Sounds like you may have lost your hard drive. If there is any data on it which you desperately need to save then you should seek professional support. If not then see if you can boot from the recovery partition of the disk or, if you have an install dvd then try and run a repair, failing that reinstall.
Thanks, I tried the startup repair and it failed. So I tried reinstalling windows. But when I tried to install I got this error message:
there's file or directory C:\$WINDOWS~BT\sources\Rollback\diagerr.xml is corrupt and unreadable please check the chkdsk utility
Is the problem with my windows CD or my hard drive?

You could try reformatting the drive before installing and running chkdsk to check the drive out but sounds like your hard drive is most likely kaput.

How old is your hard drive? Laptop hard drives fail after 2 years and Desktop hard drives after 3 years. Don't buy the Western Digital Blue hard drives, l have had 2 of them fail within a year.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Back