Help Some text showing as squares!!!!!!

ilank1009

Ok so a month ago I changed to comic sans ms for fun but it had a problem with Hebrew so I changed back to Segoe UI and now I have a problem of some text showing as squares like:
the time
play button in Groove music
checkbox
and some other stuff

I tried the control panel thing it didn't help (control panel>fonts>reset default settings )

I'm using
dell Inspiron 15 gaming
windows 10

Thanks.
music.PNG

Attachments

• Time.PNG
    Time.PNG
    3.6 KB · Views: 295
Did you uncheck "hide fonts based on language settings" when you reset?

Also have you rebooted since changing back to Segoe UI?

If you create a new user, does it also experience the issue? Trying to determine if its system wide possibly language related, or related to just your profile.

Hit Start and type Users, "Add edit or remove other users" should appear, click on it.

Under Other users click on "Add someone else to this PC", we only need a local account not a Microsoft Account, so tell it you do not have sign-in information, and choose "Add a user without a Microsoft Account". (this may vary a bit depending on your Windows 10 version)

Hmm can you paste screenshots of your Region/Language settings? Maybe the issue lies there.

Hmmm what happens if you click Add a Language and choose the English (Israel) option, perhaps toggle back and forth?
I'm not sure what else to look at as I have no multi-language machines to test with.

Also, are you on a really old build of Windows 10? If you click Start, and type in winver and click on it, it will tell you your version. If its older than 1803 you should consider updating.

Back