Windows 10 help with cortana web browser

CADguy

hi everyone,
I have an HP Stream, and Iove cortana, but whenever I tell her to search something, she searches on edge, not chrome, BUT, chrome is set to my default browser in every way possible, please help!

sincerely,
christian

Try getting rid of Bing, and especially the Bing bar if installed. Check your Programs and Features. Uninstall as necessary. Did your Stream come installed with W10 or did you upgrade from an earlier version of windows such as Vista, W7, W8.1? If so, did you remember to visit the HP support website and download BIOS and CHIPSET drivers for W10? If not, you might need to do that, as machines that have outdated hardware, even though they appear to run W10 can have weird problems like this if the BIOS and CHIPSET drivers have not been updated. If you are not comfortable doing this and the Stream is more than 5 years old (built prior to 2012), it's very likely your problem or part of the problem. I've worked on several Stream netbooks for Customers, and had to do this. My Customers literally spent months trying to solve their W10 upgrade issues, and never once stopped to consider this problem. I'd recommend you pay a professional Tech to do this for you. Update the BIOS and CHIPSET drivers that is; most techs will charge you another $100 to reinstall your W10 to the latest CU version; v1703. At least that's what I would charge you.

If you are the original owner of this Stream and have your receipt you can post back your computer's exact build date and that will help a lot; but as I said if it's older than 2012, your hardware is probably out of date. The longer you put off doing that, the more W10 updates are going to come out; there are now at least 2 major ones every year and more problems will occur if you don't do it soon.

Best of luck,:lightbulb:
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

hi everyone,
I have an HP Stream, and Iove cortana, but whenever I tell her to search something, she searches on edge, not chrome, BUT, chrome is set to my default browser in every way possible, please help!

sincerely,
christian

How to Make Cortana Search with Google and Chrome Instead of Bing and Edge

When you tried this did it make a folder in C/Program Files (x86)? If you still have the Edge Deflector folder open it and copy "EdgeDeflector.exe" straight to the root of your C: drive. Then right click it and select "Run as Administrator". Then follow the rest of the procedure outlined on the website. Mine works great. It's not that I'm a big fan but people I live with are in love with it. So I play along.

Back