Windows 7 Help with Mouse Settings - Roccat Kone Pure

Courtlandt

I just bought a roccat kone pure high dpi mouse for 3d modeling and photoshop. It worked perfectly for a couple weeks, and now it is malfunctioning. I cannot orbit or pan with the mouse wheel. I cannot drag and relocate files on the desktop. I can select a file and move it, but as soon as i lift my finger off of the mouse button the item returns to its original location. In firefox, i can create and switch between tabs, even drag and relocate them, but i cannot use the windo controls ( minimize, restore, close). I have erased and reinstalled the mouse driver a couple times with no luck. are there any other settings that I should check?

Check that you have the mouse at default settings. If you suspect that you have altered something, uninstall with Revo Uninstaller, do the advanced one to really get rid of everything, unplug your mouse, restart, plug in your mouse and see what Windows does. If it works, okay, then install drivers.

Since it's new, I might want to take it to service = warranty = exchange for another one. Most problems with hardware appear quickly; if it works well for a year, it'll probably work well for ten+ years.

Last edited:
Back