Windows XP Help with Partitions

FlameWolf

Hello people, I have a Windows XP Computer. I only have 20 GB of space, but my hard drive is bigger than that. It is 111 GB. I want to use the 91 GB left of space so I can store more stuff. Can you please tell me how to use Disk Management becuase I am not that good at partitions. Thanks in advance. :)

First, could you please post a screen shot of your disc management window.

Here it is:
Partition.JPG

Hello people, I have a Windows XP Computer. I only have 20 GB of space, but my hard drive is bigger than that. It is 111 GB. I want to use the 91 GB left of space so I can store more stuff. Can you please tell me how to use Disk Management becuase I am not that good at partitions. Thanks in advance. :)

You can save some space from unknown partition to C drive or to another logical partition. You can not use Disk Management to EXTEND C Drive directly because of your Windows XP computer. So, you can use other application like Minitool Partition wizard Home Edition. Unknown partition belongs to primary partition, and you can allocate some space to both primary and logical partition as you like.
Open Minitool, if you want to extend C drive, click C drive, EXTEND- take free space from Unknown Partition and check the size you want to allocate to C drive, and Finish.
If you want to create another logical and allocate space to it, RESIVE/MOVE Unknown partition, and check the size, then there is an unallocated space, CREATE new partition, you can change the label, drive letter, even film system.
Hope it is helpful.

Back
Top Bottom