Windows 10 Need help with computer freeze on Windows 10

GDany

Honorable Member
A few days ago, my computer started to freeze during regular use. The screen, mouse, and keyboard freeze, and the red led (in my case) that blinks rapidly when there is disk activity stays lit continuously. The only way to stop this behavior is to shut down the computer by using the power button.

In the beginning, after restarting the computer, I was able to use it for a while until this behavior reoccurred. Now, I restart the computer, log in to my account, and as soon as I start using any program the computer freezes.

I tried to boot in Safe Mode without networking and everything worked fine. But when I booted in Safe Mode with networking the computer froze again.

This is the reason I suspected that my computer is the victim of a ransomware attack or something similar and that I managed to stop it by restarting the computer immediately after the disk activity led remained lit continuously.

I also checked the Event Viewer to see if I can find any system error that could explain this strange behavior. What I found is a repeated DCOM I/O error of my system disk (Samsung EVO 850 SSD 500GB) that I do not know what it means and that it shows right before the computer freezes. I managed to save the system events list so I can send it to anyone that would like to help and that would be able to understand it.
The question is, is it a hardware-generated error? If yes, then what could be the cause: the SSD or the motherboard? The Samsung Magician program shows that everything is OK with the SSD. Another program that monitors disk health (HDD or SSD) shows also that everything (from the S.M.A.R.T. info) is OK with my system disk.

Another thing I did, was to reboot the router to get a different external IP address, in case an attacker was targeting my computer using its IP address.
Now, after a few hard shutdowns, I can't even get into Safe Mode, I only see the Loading operating system message, the Windows 10 sign shows up and the disk activity led lights up continuously and nothing happens.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Daniel

Back