Windows 10 Interrupted blue screen, cannot reinstall windows 10

Misty Lee

Hello, I have encountered a problem on my (windows 10) PC which I am unable to fix and I need help. Below is what happened and what I have tried so far:

It started when I opened multiple Twitch tabs on Chrome. My PC started freezing.
After some seconds I entered the blue screen, saying to NOT restart my PC. At 40% I forced restart my PC by complete accident.

Since then my PC is on loop. Can't be auto repaired. No safe mode is possible.

I am trying to reinstall Windows and it says it can't create partition or overwrite on both of my drives.
Only the ‘delete’ and ‘format’ options are available when I try to reinstall Windows.

I have tried rebooting with an USB [with windows on it] as primary, but it got me the UEFI to install windows and it didn’t work either.

DiskPart command to clean the disk in CMD isn't possible. "DiskPart has encountered an error"

D drive has 400 GB of files but my C says 930 GB total memory and 930 GB are free.

It seems that it might be caused by hard drive corruption. I am unable to reinstall windows and I am currently at a loss.

My PC is only 2 years old and never had issues before.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you are facing with your Windows 10 PC. It sounds like you have encountered a critical issue that might be related to your hard drive. Here are some detailed steps you can follow to try and troubleshoot and resolve the problem:

1. **Check Hard Drive Health**:
- First, you should check the health of your hard drive. You can do this by creating a bootable USB drive with a tool like Hiren's BootCD or using diagnostic software provided by your hard drive manufacturer.
- Run a diagnostic test to check for any hardware failures. If the test indicates there is a problem with your hard drive, you may need to replace it.

2. **Fix Disk Errors**:
- Boot from a Windows installation USB drive and access the Command Prompt. You can do this by selecting Repair your computer > Troubleshoot > Command Prompt.
- Run the following commands to attempt to fix disk errors:
```
chkdsk /f /r C:
chkdsk /f /r D:
```

3. **Repair Master Boot Record (MBR)**:
- In the Command Prompt, you can also try repairing the Master Boot Record (MBR) using the following commands:
```
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /rebuildbcd
```

4. **Repartitioning the Drive**:
- If you are still unable to create partitions during the Windows reinstallation process, you can try repartitioning your hard drive using a tool like GParted (boot from the GParted Live USB) or Disk Management in Windows Setup.

5. **Backup Important Data**:
- As a precaution, if you have important files on your D drive, try to back them up using a live Linux USB before attempting any further troubleshooting steps.

6. **Seek Professional Help**:
- If all the above steps fail to resolve the issue, it might be best to take your PC to a professional technician who can diagnose and repair the hardware problem.

Remember to always back up your important data regularly to prevent data loss in case of unexpected system failures. I hope these steps help you in resolving the issue with your Windows 10 PC. Let me know if you need further assistance or have any other questions.

Download an Ubuntu bootable disk on any computer and create a boot disk or flash drive.
Then move all your critical material to an external hard drive. Then you will know that everything is safe.

Back