Stuck with windows 10 Pro

Uranium2956

Hello all!

The backgrounf to my problem is as follows: I had some problems with my windows 10, and wanted to dual boot windows with Ubuntu. Thus I thought that I was gone move all of my files to an external HDD, then factory reset my computer, and then proceed with the dual boot setup.

However, when Windows 10 reinstalled, it is as what I suppose is the Pro version. I am being prompted to login in with a school or work account, which do not exist. Creating a local account is not possible either. I tried disconnecting from my network but it didn’t work. I also tried forcing the repair home page by restarting three times. I didn’t manage to solve anything from there. I reinstalled Windows once again but still doesn’t work.

So, to summarize, I am stuck at the login screen. I can access BIOS but not Windows and thus can’t access the command prompt.

I suppose I should use a second computer and set up a bootable flash drive? But how do I proceed with thst then? And how do I make sure to get the correct version for Windows? I didn’t ”pick the wrong version” because I just reinstalled it. My computer is my old school computer which was wiped, maybe that has something to do with it.

Eternally grateful for ANY help. Thank you all!

If you select 'for personal use'. At the add account screen should be a small link 'offline account' will allow you to create a local user.
If that isn't available you will need to use a Microsoft account here Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft which can be done with your email and add those details.

You should then be able to switch to a local account. Microsoft has been making it harder to use local accounts as they're trying to basically force you into an online account. Granted this option has benefits but not everyone wants to use them 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom