Ease of access popup at each startup

JCash

Hi,

I'm having this problem that I cannot solve. After a week or so after installing windows 10 for the first time, clean format, latest version from Microsoft site, at every login this darn popup with ease of access keeps showing up and I have no way of getting rid of other then pressing cancel (see image). After that everything works fine...

I've tried all the methods that I could find on the internet and none of them worked. Is it a virus or what is this ? I can't seem to uninstall it or get rid of it in any way...

Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• Ease of access popup.jpg
    Ease of access popup.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 0
Hello,

The issue you're experiencing doesn't seem to typically point to a virus, but rather seems like a setting has been enabled either knowingly or by mistake. The Ease of Access feature in Windows 10 aims to make the computer easier to use. However, if it's popping up every time you start your computer, it can be quite annoying. To disable this, please follow the steps below:

1. Open the Control Panel: You can do this by typing "Control Panel" in the search bar located next to the Windows Start button and selecting it from the results.

2. In the Control Panel, choose "Ease of Access Center".

3. Scroll down and click on "Use the computer without a display".

4. Uncheck "Turn on Narrator".

5. Click "Apply" and then "OK".

After doing this, please restart your computer to check if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists, your system settings might be syncing with a Microsoft Account where the settings have been enabled. To disable this:

1. Go to Settings by clicking on the gear icon in the Start menu.

2. Click on "Accounts".

3. On the left panel, click on "Sync your settings".

4. Turn off the "Other Windows settings" switch under the "Individual sync settings" section.

Restart your computer and check if the problem is resolved.

However, if none of these steps help, there might be a chance that an application or software is triggering this popup. For this, you'll need to perform a clean boot to find out the culprit:

1. Press Win + R, type "msconfig" in the Open box, and hit Enter to open System Configuration.

2. Go to the "Services" tab, check the "Hide all Microsoft services" box, and then click "Disable all".

3. Go to the "Startup" tab, click "Open Task Manager", in the Task Manager Window "Startup" tab select each startup item and then click "Disable."

4. Now go back to the System Configuration window and click "OK". Restart your computer.

After restarting, if the popup issue has been resolved, you need to enable the applications and services step by step in the same way to find out the problematic software and keep it disabled.

Remember to update your system regularly, and as a good practice, it is recommended to have a good antivirus solution installed on your machine to safeguard against any potential threats.

Hope this helps!

Unfortunately none of these solutions worked:

Solution 1: The narrator was already turned off
Solution 2: I don't have a Microsoft Account but an offline one so there is no Individual Sync Settings section to be found
Solution 3: None of the apps I closed at startup seemed to influence the ease of access popup

Ease of access popup 2.jpg

Now the whole thing turned into a waiting screen like this... even more frustrating. Is really nobody capable of addressing this ?

For the ones still having this problem, like magic, it just one day, didn't appear anymore, is like the mysterious ways of windows !

Back