Windows 10 Issues upgrading to Windows 10 - Solved

Johncoool

Extraordinary Member
I am finally upgrading the expired windows 8.1 to 10. But while facing a lot of issues.

I am not looking for a solution. I just want assistants to find or create logs of the bootup.

Please find below full details on the work done so far over the past few days with failure.

Clean install works without any issues but upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10 works until the 1st boot up. Then it just gets stuck on the splash screen and the dots spin for ever.

I created image backup of the windows 8.1 because it is important to keep the same configuration.

I can upgrade to an older version of Windows 10 and it works fine until I run windows update and then the same thing happens again. So the conflict happens with something in the latest windows version.

I am assuming it is a driver conflict. However what I need is a way to view a log to find the issue.

I tried enabling the boot log and os boot info in msconfig but that only shows logs of successful boot ups.

What method can I use to view boot details/ conflicts to find the issue. Not much helpful information in event viewer either or maybe I don't know the exact place to find it.

It might work better if it was booting as an os in VM ware then I can probably view logs.

Clean boot didn't work either. I am still able to access safemode.

It sounds like you're experiencing some difficulties with upgrading to Windows 10 and are looking for assistance in finding or creating logs of the bootup process. I can certainly help you with that!

To troubleshoot the issue and find the cause of the problem, there are a few methods you can try:

1. Enable verbose logging: You mentioned that you tried enabling boot logs and OS boot info in msconfig, but they only show logs of successful bootups. To enable verbose logging that captures more detailed information during the boot process, you can use the following steps:

a. Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box, then type "regedit" and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
b. Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
c. Right-click on an empty space on the right pane, select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, and name it "VerboseStatus".
d. Double-click on the "VerboseStatus" entry and set its value to "1".
e. Restart your computer and check if the boot logs now provide more detailed information.

2. Check the Event Viewer: The Event Viewer is a helpful tool for troubleshooting Windows issues, including boot problems. To access it, you can follow these steps:

a. Press Win + R, type "eventvwr.msc", and press Enter.
b. In the Event Viewer window, expand the "Windows Logs" section and check the "System" and "Application" logs for any errors or warnings related to the boot process.
c. Look for specific event IDs, such as 41 (Kernel-Power) or 1001 (BugCheck), which might provide clues about the source of the problem.

3. Enable startup debugging: If the above methods don't provide enough information, you can enable startup debugging using the Windows Debugger (WinDbg). This advanced method requires additional technical knowledge, so if you're comfortable with using a debugger, you can follow these steps:

a. Install the Windows Debugger (WinDbg) tool from the Windows SDK.
b. Open WinDbg and go to File > Kernel Debugging > Local.
c. In the "COM" section, select the appropriate port and baud rate for debugging, then click OK.
d. Restart your computer and allow WinDbg to capture the boot process.
e. Monitor the WinDbg output for error messages or warnings related to the boot process.

Regarding your comment about booting as an OS in VMware to view logs, that can be a viable option if you have experience with virtualization. You can install Windows 10 as a virtual machine using VMware, and then capture the boot logs directly from within the virtual environment.

I hope these methods help you identify the cause of the issue and find a resolution. If you have any further questions or need more assistance, please feel free to ask!

It sounds like you're experiencing some difficulties with upgrading to Windows 10 and are looking for assistance in finding or creating logs of the bootup process. I can certainly help you with that!

To troubleshoot the issue and find the cause of the problem, there are a few methods you can try:

1. Enable verbose logging: You mentioned that you tried enabling boot logs and OS boot info in msconfig, but they only show logs of successful bootups. To enable verbose logging that captures more detailed information during the boot process, you can use the following steps:

a. Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box, then type "regedit" and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
b. Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
c. Right-click on an empty space on the right pane, select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, and name it "VerboseStatus".
d. Double-click on the "VerboseStatus" entry and set its value to "1".
e. Restart your computer and check if the boot logs now provide more detailed information.

2. Check the Event Viewer: The Event Viewer is a helpful tool for troubleshooting Windows issues, including boot problems. To access it, you can follow these steps:

a. Press Win + R, type "eventvwr.msc", and press Enter.
b. In the Event Viewer window, expand the "Windows Logs" section and check the "System" and "Application" logs for any errors or warnings related to the boot process.
c. Look for specific event IDs, such as 41 (Kernel-Power) or 1001 (BugCheck), which might provide clues about the source of the problem.

3. Enable startup debugging: If the above methods don't provide enough information, you can enable startup debugging using the Windows Debugger (WinDbg). This advanced method requires additional technical knowledge, so if you're comfortable with using a debugger, you can follow these steps:

a. Install the Windows Debugger (WinDbg) tool from the Windows SDK.
b. Open WinDbg and go to File > Kernel Debugging > Local.
c. In the "COM" section, select the appropriate port and baud rate for debugging, then click OK.
d. Restart your computer and allow WinDbg to capture the boot process.
e. Monitor the WinDbg output for error messages or warnings related to the boot process.

Regarding your comment about booting as an OS in VMware to view logs, that can be a viable option if you have experience with virtualization. You can install Windows 10 as a virtual machine using VMware, and then capture the boot logs directly from within the virtual environment.

I hope these methods help you identify the cause of the issue and find a resolution. If you have any further questions or need more assistance, please feel free to ask!
i m trying to install windbg. give me full method on how to install on older windows like windows 7 or 8 and then how to configure to complete boot information request.

i m trying to install windbg. give me full method on how to install on older windows like windows 7 or 8 and then how to configure to complete boot information request.
To install WinDbg on Windows 7 or 8 and configure it to collect complete boot information, you can follow these steps:

1. Download the Windows SDK:
a. Go to the Microsoft Windows SDK download page (Windows SDK - Windows app development), and scroll down to find the "Windows SDK" section.
b. Choose the version of the SDK that matches your Windows version (either Windows 7 or Windows 8).
c. Click on the "Download" button to start the download.

2. Install the Windows SDK:
a. Once the download is complete, run the Windows SDK installer.
b. Follow the on-screen prompts and select the default installation options.
c. Make sure to select the "Debugging Tools for Windows" component during the installation process.
d. Complete the installation by following the remaining instructions.

3. Set up WinDbg for boot information:
a. After installing the Windows SDK, open the Start menu and search for "WinDbg (x64)" or "WinDbg (x86)" depending on your system architecture.
b. Right-click on the WinDbg shortcut and select "Run as administrator" to launch it with elevated privileges.
c. In WinDbg, go to File > Symbol File Path, and add the following path: "srv*C:\Symbols*Symbol information". This will allow WinDbg to download symbols for debugging purposes.
d. In WinDbg, click on File > Open Crash Dump, and navigate to the directory where crash dumps are saved. By default, the crash dump files can be found in the "C:\Windows\Minidump" folder.
e. Once you have opened a crash dump file, WinDbg will load the necessary symbols and display the information related to the crash.

To collect boot information with WinDbg, you can follow these additional steps:

1. Enable boot logging:
a. In WinDbg, go to File > Kernel Debug.
b. In the "Local" tab, make sure "Debug during boot" is selected.
c. Click on "OK" to close the Kernel Debugging window.

2. Capture boot information:
a. Restart your computer and wait for WinDbg to start capturing boot information.
b. Monitor the WinDbg output for error messages or warnings related to the boot process.
c. Once the system finishes booting, you can review the information collected in the WinDbg window.

Please note that using WinDbg and analyzing crash dumps requires technical expertise. If you're not familiar with debugging tools or analyzing crash dumps, it's recommended to seek the assistance of a knowledgeable professional.

I hope this guide helps you install and configure WinDbg to collect boot information on Windows 7 or 8. If you have any further questions or need more assistance, please feel free to ask!

I apologize for the confusion. Let's focus on installing and configuring WinDbg on an older version of Windows, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.

To install WinDbg and configure it to collect boot information, you can follow these steps:

a. Go to the Microsoft Windows SDK download page (Windows SDK - Windows app development).
b. Scroll down to find the "Windows SDK" section.
c. Choose the version of the SDK that matches your Windows version (either Windows 7 or Windows 8).
d. Click on the "Download" button to start the download.

c. Make sure to select the "Debugging Tools for Windows" component during the installation process.

a. After installing the Windows SDK, open the Start menu and search for "WinDbg (x64)" or "WinDbg (x86)" depending on your system architecture.
b. Right-click on the WinDbg shortcut and select "Run as administrator" to launch it with elevated privileges.
c. In WinDbg, go to File > Symbol File Path and add the following path: "srv*C:\Symbols*Symbol information". This will allow WinDbg to download symbols for debugging purposes.
d. In WinDbg, click on File > Open Crash Dump and navigate to the directory where crash dumps are saved. By default, the crash dump files can be found in the "C:\Windows\Minidump" folder.
e. Once you have opened a crash dump file, WinDbg will load the necessary symbols and display the information related to the crash.

1. Enable boot logging:

a. Restart your computer, and WinDbg will start capturing boot information.
b. Monitor the WinDbg output for error messages or warnings related to the boot process.
c. Once the system finishes booting, you can review the information collected in the WinDbg window.

Please note that using WinDbg and analyzing crash dumps requires technical expertise. If you're not familiar with debugging tools or analyzing crash dumps, it's recommended to seek the assistance of a knowledgeable professional.

I hope this guide helps you install and configure WinDbg to collect boot information on Windows 7 or 8. If you have any further questions or need more assistance, please feel free to ask!

I apologize for the confusion. Let's focus on installing and configuring WinDbg on an older version of Windows, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.

To install WinDbg and configure it to collect boot information, you can follow these steps:

a. Go to the Microsoft Windows SDK download page (Windows SDK - Windows app development).
b. Scroll down to find the "Windows SDK" section.
c. Choose the version of the SDK that matches your Windows version (either Windows 7 or Windows 8).
d. Click on the "Download" button to start the download.

c. In WinDbg, go to File > Symbol File Path and add the following path: "srv*C:\Symbols*Symbol information". This will allow WinDbg to download symbols for debugging purposes.
d. In WinDbg, click on File > Open Crash Dump and navigate to the directory where crash dumps are saved. By default, the crash dump files can be found in the "C:\Windows\Minidump" folder.

1. Enable boot logging:

a. Restart your computer, and WinDbg will start capturing boot information.

There is no BSOD. So how will I get the crash dump? it just hangs at the splash screen.

Give me another way to collect information or a solution for the problem that I posted in this thread.
Apologies for the inconvenience. If you're unable to collect crash dump information because there is no BSOD, and the system hangs at the splash screen during boot, there are a few alternative methods you can try to gather information or potentially resolve the issue:

1. Use the Event Viewer:
- Press Win + R, type "eventvwr.msc", and press Enter to open the Event Viewer.
- Expand the "Windows Logs" section and check the "System" and "Application" logs for any relevant error messages or warnings.
- Look for events that occurred around the time of the boot failure, which may provide clues about the underlying issue.

2. Check the Windows Setup log files:
- Navigate to "C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther".
- Look for "setuperr.log" and "setupact.log" files.
- Open these log files using a text editor and search for any error messages or warnings related to the upgrade process.

3. Use the System Configuration (msconfig) tool:
- Press Win + R, type "msconfig", and press Enter to open the System Configuration tool.
- Go to the "Services" tab and check the box next to "Hide all Microsoft services".
- Click on "Disable all" to disable all non-Microsoft services.
- Go to the "Startup" tab and click on "Open Task Manager".
- Disable all startup items by right-clicking on each entry and selecting "Disable".
- Restart the computer to see if the issue persists. If it resolves the problem, you can enable services and startup items one by one to identify the culprit.

4. Perform a clean boot:
- Press Win + R, type "msconfig", and press Enter to open the System Configuration tool.
- Go to the "Services" tab and check the box next to "Hide all Microsoft services".
- Click on "Disable all"

Apologies for the inconvenience. If you're unable to collect crash dump information because there is no BSOD, and the system hangs at the splash screen during boot, there are a few alternative methods you can try to gather information or potentially resolve the issue:

1. Use the Event Viewer:
- Press Win + R, type "eventvwr.msc", and press Enter to open the Event Viewer.
- Expand the "Windows Logs" section and check the "System" and "Application" logs for any relevant error messages or warnings.
- Look for events that occurred around the time of the boot failure, which may provide clues about the underlying issue.

2. Check the Windows Setup log files:
- Navigate to "C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther".
- Look for "setuperr.log" and "setupact.log" files.
- Open these log files using a text editor and search for any error messages or warnings related to the upgrade process.

3. Use the System Configuration (msconfig) tool:
- Click on "Disable all" to disable all non-Microsoft services.
- Go to the "Startup" tab and click on "Open Task Manager".
- Disable all startup items by right-clicking on each entry and selecting "Disable".
- Restart the computer to see if the issue persists. If it resolves the problem, you can enable services and startup items one by one to identify the culprit.

4. Perform a clean boot:
- Click on "Disable all"
Give me other tools or a way to view or create boot log

try again/.
Apologies for the inconvenience. If you're unable to collect crash dump information because there is no BSOD and the system hangs at the splash screen during boot, you can try these steps to view or create a boot log:

1. Enable boot logging in Safe Mode:
a. Boot your computer into Safe Mode by repeatedly pressing the F8 key during startup until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu.
b. Select "Safe Mode" and press Enter.
c. Once in Safe Mode, press Win + R, type "msconfig", and hit Enter to open the System Configuration tool.
d. Go to the "Boot" tab and check the "Boot log" option.
e. Click on "Apply" and then "OK".
f. Restart your computer and let it boot normally. A boot log will be created in the "C:\Windows\" directory named "ntbtlog.txt".

2. Enable boot logging with command prompt:
a. Boot your computer into the Advanced Boot Options menu by repeatedly pressing the F8 key during startup.
b. Select "Repair Your Computer" and hit Enter.
c. Choose your language and sign in as an administrator if prompted.
d. Select "Command Prompt" to open a command prompt window.
e. Type the following command and press Enter: `bcdedit /set {default} bootlog yes`
f. Restart your computer, and a boot log will be created in the "C:\Windows\" directory named "ntbtlog.txt".

3. Analyzing boot log:
a. After your computer boots up, you can view the boot log by navigating to "C:\Windows\" and opening the "ntbtlog.txt" file in a text editor.
b. Look for any lines labeled with "Loaded" or "Did not load" to identify any drivers or services causing issues during the boot process.
c. Take note of any problematic drivers or services and research further to troubleshoot or resolve the problem.

These methods should help you generate or view a boot log, which can provide valuable information about the boot process and potentially identify the cause of the hang at the splash screen. If you have any further questions or need more assistance, please let me know!

Apologies for the inconvenience. If you're unable to collect crash dump information because there is no BSOD and the system hangs at the splash screen during boot, you can try these steps to view or create a boot log:

1. Enable boot logging in Safe Mode:
a. Boot your computer into Safe Mode by repeatedly pressing the F8 key during startup until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu.
b. Select "Safe Mode" and press Enter.
c. Once in Safe Mode, press Win + R, type "msconfig", and hit Enter to open the System Configuration tool.
d. Go to the "Boot" tab and check the "Boot log" option.
e. Click on "Apply" and then "OK".
f. Restart your computer and let it boot normally. A boot log will be created in the "C:\Windows\" directory named "ntbtlog.txt".

2. Enable boot logging with command prompt:
a. Boot your computer into the Advanced Boot Options menu by repeatedly pressing the F8 key during startup.
b. Select "Repair Your Computer" and hit Enter.
c. Choose your language and sign in as an administrator if prompted.
d. Select "Command Prompt" to open a command prompt window.
e. Type the following command and press Enter: `bcdedit /set {default} bootlog yes`
f. Restart your computer, and a boot log will be created in the "C:\Windows\" directory named "ntbtlog.txt".

3. Analyzing boot log:
a. After your computer boots up, you can view the boot log by navigating to "C:\Windows\" and opening the "ntbtlog.txt" file in a text editor.
b. Look for any lines labeled with "Loaded" or "Did not load" to identify any drivers or services causing issues during the boot process.
c. Take note of any problematic drivers or services and research further to troubleshoot or resolve the problem.

These methods should help you generate or view a boot log, which can provide valuable information about the boot process and potentially identify the cause of the hang at the splash screen. If you have any further questions or need more assistance, please let me know!
what can cause the windows to get stuck on a splash screen. give me all possibilities.

what can cause the windows to get stuck on a splash screen. give me all possibilities.
There are several potential reasons why Windows may get stuck on a splash screen during boot. Here are some possibilities:

1. Driver or software conflicts: Incompatible or outdated drivers, as well as conflicting software applications, can lead to system instability and cause Windows to hang on the splash screen.

2. Hardware issues: Faulty hardware components, such as a malfunctioning hard drive, memory modules, or graphics card, can prevent Windows from booting properly and result in a stuck splash screen.

3. Startup programs or services: Certain software applications or unnecessary startup programs may attempt to load during the boot process, causing delays or conflicts that lead to a stuck splash screen.

4. Corrupted system files: System file corruption can prevent Windows from starting up correctly and result in a hanging splash screen.

5. Virus or malware infection: Malicious software can cause system instability and hinder the boot process, leading to a stuck splash screen.

6. BIOS or UEFI settings: Incorrect or incompatible BIOS or UEFI settings can cause conflicts with the hardware or prevent Windows from booting, resulting in a stuck splash screen.

7. Power issues: Power supply problems, including insufficient power or voltage fluctuations, can disrupt the boot process and cause Windows to hang on the splash screen.

These are just some of the potential causes of a stuck splash screen in Windows. To diagnose and resolve the issue, you can try the following steps:

- Restart your computer and try booting in Safe Mode to rule out any driver or software conflicts.
- Check your hardware components for any physical damage or malfunctioning parts.
- Disable unnecessary startup programs and services using the System Configuration tool.
- Scan your system for viruses

There are several potential reasons why Windows may get stuck on a splash screen during boot. Here are some possibilities:

1. Driver or software conflicts: Incompatible or outdated drivers, as well as conflicting software applications, can lead to system instability and cause Windows to hang on the splash screen.

2. Hardware issues: Faulty hardware components, such as a malfunctioning hard drive, memory modules, or graphics card, can prevent Windows from booting properly and result in a stuck splash screen.

3. Startup programs or services: Certain software applications or unnecessary startup programs may attempt to load during the boot process, causing delays or conflicts that lead to a stuck splash screen.

4. Corrupted system files: System file corruption can prevent Windows from starting up correctly and result in a hanging splash screen.

5. Virus or malware infection: Malicious software can cause system instability and hinder the boot process, leading to a stuck splash screen.

6. BIOS or UEFI settings: Incorrect or incompatible BIOS or UEFI settings can cause conflicts with the hardware or prevent Windows from booting, resulting in a stuck splash screen.

7. Power issues: Power supply problems, including insufficient power or voltage fluctuations, can disrupt the boot process and cause Windows to hang on the splash screen.

These are just some of the potential causes of a stuck splash screen in Windows. To diagnose and resolve the issue, you can try the following steps:

- Restart your computer and try booting in Safe Mode to rule out any driver or software conflicts.
- Check your hardware components for any physical damage or malfunctioning parts.
- Disable unnecessary startup programs and services using the System Configuration tool.
- Scan your system for viruses
is there a way to view the boot up process live the was it was possible when booting into safe mode in older windows. but on normal boot up.

is there a way to view the boot up process live the was it was possible when booting into safe mode in older windows. but on normal boot up.
In older versions of Windows, booting into Safe Mode allowed users to view the boot-up process in a detailed way. However, Microsoft has made changes in recent versions of Windows, and viewing the live boot-up process during a normal boot is not as straightforward. The boot process happens very quickly, and there isn't a built-in option to display it live.

That said, there are some third-party tools available that can provide more detailed information about the boot-up process. These tools, such as Process Monitor or Windows Performance Toolkit, can help capture and analyze boot logs, performance data, and event traces.

To use these tools:
1. Download and install the desired third-party tool from a reputable source.
2. Launch the tool and configure it to capture boot logs or event traces.
3. Restart your computer and let it boot normally.
4. After booting, review the captured logs or traces to analyze the boot-up process.

Keep in mind that using third-party tools may require some technical expertise, and their effectiveness may vary depending on the specific scenario and underlying issue causing the hang on the splash screen.

Alternatively, you can try enabling the "Boot log" option in the System Configuration tool (msconfig) as mentioned earlier. This will create a log file (ntbtlog.txt) in the Windows directory that contains a list of drivers and services loaded during the boot process. Although it won't provide live updates, you can review the log after restarting your computer to gain insights into the boot-up sequence.

Remember, troubleshooting boot issues can be complex, and it's always a good idea to consult with a professional or seek further assistance from the community or support forums if you're unsure about any steps or need additional guidance.

In older versions of Windows, booting into Safe Mode allowed users to view the boot-up process in a detailed way. However, Microsoft has made changes in recent versions of Windows, and viewing the live boot-up process during a normal boot is not as straightforward. The boot process happens very quickly, and there isn't a built-in option to display it live.

That said, there are some third-party tools available that can provide more detailed information about the boot-up process. These tools, such as Process Monitor or Windows Performance Toolkit, can help capture and analyze boot logs, performance data, and event traces.

To use these tools:
1. Download and install the desired third-party tool from a reputable source.
2. Launch the tool and configure it to capture boot logs or event traces.
3. Restart your computer and let it boot normally.
4. After booting, review the captured logs or traces to analyze the boot-up process.

Keep in mind that using third-party tools may require some technical expertise, and their effectiveness may vary depending on the specific scenario and underlying issue causing the hang on the splash screen.

Alternatively, you can try enabling the "Boot log" option in the System Configuration tool (msconfig) as mentioned earlier. This will create a log file (ntbtlog.txt) in the Windows directory that contains a list of drivers and services loaded during the boot process. Although it won't provide live updates, you can review the log after restarting your computer to gain insights into the boot-up sequence.

Remember, troubleshooting boot issues can be complex, and it's always a good idea to consult with a professional or seek further assistance from the community or support forums if you're unsure about any steps or need additional guidance.
give me a list of the mentioned 3rd party tools to create or views more details.

give me a list of the mentioned 3rd party tools to create or views more details.
Certainly! Here are some third-party tools that can be used to capture or view more details about the boot-up process in Windows:

1. Process Monitor: Process Monitor is a powerful tool from Microsoft's Sysinternals suite. It provides real-time monitoring of file system, registry, and process activity. You can use it to capture events and analyze what is happening during the boot process.

2. Windows Performance Toolkit (WPT): The Windows Performance Toolkit is a set of powerful tools provided by Microsoft to capture and analyze performance data. With tools like Windows Performance Recorder and Windows Performance Analyzer, you can collect boot traces and investigate the boot-up process in detail.

3. Autoruns: Autoruns is another tool from the Sysinternals suite that allows you to view and manage startup items, services, drivers, and more. It can help identify any problematic entries that may be causing the boot hang.

4. BootVis: BootVis is an older tool from Microsoft that was designed specifically for analyzing boot performance in Windows XP. While it may not be compatible with newer versions of Windows, it can still be useful in some scenarios.

5. Event Viewer: While not a dedicated boot analysis tool, the built-in Event Viewer in Windows can provide valuable insights. Look for events in the "System" and "Application" logs that occurred during or around the time of boot to identify any errors or warnings that may be related to the boot hang.

Remember to always download tools from reputable sources, and exercise caution when using third-party software. It's also recommended to consult the documentation or user guides for each tool to understand their usage and capabilities.

These tools should help you gather more information and provide a deeper analysis of the boot-up process in Windows.

Certainly! Here are some third-party tools that can be used to capture or view more details about the boot-up process in Windows:

1. Process Monitor: Process Monitor is a powerful tool from Microsoft's Sysinternals suite. It provides real-time monitoring of file system, registry, and process activity. You can use it to capture events and analyze what is happening during the boot process.

2. Windows Performance Toolkit (WPT): The Windows Performance Toolkit is a set of powerful tools provided by Microsoft to capture and analyze performance data. With tools like Windows Performance Recorder and Windows Performance Analyzer, you can collect boot traces and investigate the boot-up process in detail.

3. Autoruns: Autoruns is another tool from the Sysinternals suite that allows you to view and manage startup items, services, drivers, and more. It can help identify any problematic entries that may be causing the boot hang.

4. BootVis: BootVis is an older tool from Microsoft that was designed specifically for analyzing boot performance in Windows XP. While it may not be compatible with newer versions of Windows, it can still be useful in some scenarios.

5. Event Viewer: While not a dedicated boot analysis tool, the built-in Event Viewer in Windows can provide valuable insights. Look for events in the "System" and "Application" logs that occurred during or around the time of boot to identify any errors or warnings that may be related to the boot hang.

Remember to always download tools from reputable sources, and exercise caution when using third-party software. It's also recommended to consult the documentation or user guides for each tool to understand their usage and capabilities.

These tools should help you gather more information and provide a deeper analysis of the boot-up process in Windows.
Isolate the software or tools that work during the process that occurs from the power on until the login screen. I dont need to review programs after the login screen.

Back
Top Bottom