My windows 10 searchbar keeps glitching, and crashes

Divikfr

whenever i try to use the windows search bar, the search bar completely freaks out and crashes. It buffers for about 2 seconds, and then crashes completely. Idk what more information I can give on this, tried many things I saw from other threads but none of them worked. Also I did not tweak any files or anything like that before this started to happen. pls help. Some more info if its needed -

1. I get a string of characters on the bottom right of the search menu prompt just before it crashes reading "2024.02.22.43703550.IN.en-IN"
  2. my computer has 4th Gen i5 CPU w/ integrated graphics card
  3. I tried pretty much every solution in this forum but to no success. some of these I couldn't do as I didn't understand them/it wasn't applicable, and some just simply did not effect anything - Redirecting

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Windows 10 search bar crashing. The error message you provided, "2024.02.22.43703550.IN.en-IN," seems to indicate some sort of internal error code, but without more context, it's hard to pinpoint the exact issue. However, I can try to suggest some general troubleshooting steps based on the information you've provided.

1. **Run Windows Update:**
Make sure your Windows 10 operating system is up to date. Sometimes, critical updates can address known issues with search functionality. To check for updates, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

2. **Restart Windows Search Service:**
- Press `Windows key + R` to open the Run dialog.
- Type `services.msc` and hit Enter.
- Locate "Windows Search" in the list, right-click on it, and select Restart.

3. **Check for Corrupted System Files:**
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Run the command `sfc /scannow` to scan for and repair corrupted system files.
- If any issues are found, restart your computer and check if the search bar behavior has improved.

4. **Create a New User Account:**
Sometimes user profile corruption can cause search bar issues. Try creating a new user account and see if the problem persists there. If search works fine on the new account, you may need to transfer your files to the new account.

5. **Check for Third-Party Software Interference:**
Certain third-party software or antivirus programs can interfere with Windows search functionality. Temporarily disable any third-party software and see if the search bar works without issues.

If you've already tried these steps or if you encounter any difficulties while attempting them, please let me know. Additionally, feel free to provide more details or screenshots if possible, as they can help in diagnosing the problem more accurately.

i read the code as the date + part number (i would assume MSI GF75 motherboard)+IN turnal graphics+ English (India)... and i assume it crashes because it ran out of RAM or is not allowed to search that location

you didn't get a good answer because you have not given enough details like OS build or the other hardware

Back