Hiss from usb ports

anotherwindowsuser

I get a high pitched hiss from the computer upon entry of certain usb slots with usb memory chips. I have never seen this phenomena in previous computers, is there any kind of manipulation available of the power/current of these usb or pci devices which might possibly affect their pitch?

So I just had a strange experience, my usb keyboard does not go straight to a usb port on the pc, instead it goes to a usb to keyboard pin adapter. I removed this adapter and put the usb keyboard straigh tto a usb slot and it stopped the hiss instantly. Then however I had strange booting issues in that it sometimes failed to load the bios screen and then passing thebios screen failed to load up the SSD to go to choose which OS I wanted to boot up with. After several attempts of rebooting sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't so I have no idea whats wrong now.

Well I have put the adapter back on, and I experienced the same issue for a number of occasions but now it seems to work normally and I've rebooted several times without any problems. The hiss is still gone luckily.

Edit after ten minutes the hiss is back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom