Windows 10 How can I tell if my software will run on 10?

ulrichburke

Honorable Member
Dear Anyone.

OK, me dinosaur, I use XP SP3. Why? It WORKS, I love it, it's not bloated, it just happily RUNS. But the world seems to be kicking me towards Win 10 - but I need to know if my music software will work on it.

It's Quick Score Elite Level 3, which will mean nothing to anybody, so here's the question. How do you tell, in advance, if your software will work on Win 10? PLEASE don't say 'emulation mode', if that's anything like 7 it's VERY hit and miss. Some progs. work, others don't. I just need to know if there's any way to tell if anything's going to work before I install 10 and find I've shot myself in the (censored!!)

Yours hopefully

Chris.

It's Quick Score Elite Level 3, which will mean nothing to anybody, so here's the question. How do you tell, in advance, if your software will work on Win 10?
Usually checking the developers website will tell you but anyhoo I did some searching around and came across this regarding Creators update so it looks like win 10 isn't a huge issue:
Troubleshooting problems using QuickScore Elite

Hi

I can't tell you that your software will run in Windows 10, only that I've found very little that won't even my old Tomb Raider games from the 1990s.
Most things I haven't even had to select compatibility mode.

I'm still using Office 3, and things like Rocketdock.

I can't really think of anything off hand that I've been unable to get to run in W10.

I was surprised that when I ran a search for "Quick Score Elite Level 3" I didn't even find a reference to it, except for yours, and one guy in England who was looking for help with it and got no responses.

Isn't there a modern equivalent of it some place?

It says that "Quick Score Elite Level 2" will run in Windows Vista so I'd guess that there is a good chance that level 3 could run in 10.
Do you know anyone with a Windows 10 computer who would let you try and install it just to see if it works?

Here's a link to download QuickScore Elite MIDI Edition if that will work for you, it seems to be a later version, it says it is for Windows 7...

QuickScore Elite MIDI Edition (free version) download for PC
There are pay versions as well, but this is the free version.

Mike

After the post above I went and checked again.

I don't see any mention of a level 3 on the dev's site, are you definitely sure it's level 3? I see links for downloads for level 2 but not 3:

y.jpg

No I didn't see any reference to level 3 anyplace, it's almost as if it has vanished from the internet.

The version I saw here was called, Quick Score Elite Media Edition, it seems to be a later version than Level 2, as it says it will run on Windows 7, (if it will run on 7 it should run on 10) but since I don't know anything about the software you will have to figure out what it is.

There is apparently both a free and pay version.

Why don't you try the free one and see if it's what you need?

PS. It's weird that the company itself makes no reference to a level 3 version, they still show level 2 as of 2015, and nothing later than that.

Do you have some kind of install media?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom