Windows 8 How Do I Create A Backup Of A Backup Of Windows 8.1

I just want make sure I understand this. Retail version of a product key will work when used multiple times again and again on Virtualbox?

OK So the best option for me with using Windows 8.1 in VirtualBox is to buy a retail product key. Therefore I can reuse the key when I install virtualbox and windows 8.1 on future computers I buy.

if you build a new system later and remove this one then yes a retail key with go across to the new system... you may have to ring Microsoft if this keeps swapping about within a short time but they will sort that out

I just want make sure I understand this. Retail version of a product key will work when used multiple times again and again on Virtualbox?
all (non-server12r2 data) retail keys are 'one key for one system'... real or inside vmware, Vbox or hyper-v does not matter.

however you can make working backups of that system as many times as you like and thats still considered one system for your retail key + you can move the system from one motherboard (real) or host system (virtual) so for example;
  • you have a v-box w8.1 with retail key and you purchase a new wx laptop to hold it next year... the vbox w8.1 is allowed to move across to this new wx laptop (host)
  • or perhaps you want to try installing Adobe photoshop on it but don't want to risk everything... make a backup before installing Adobe then if the system blue screens you can still roll back to before the install. make another backup whenever you make a major change and then store all these backups on a nas so even if some crackhead steals your host laptop you can still recover the V system when you purchase a new host laptop.

if you build a new system later and remove this one then yes a retail key with go across to the new system... you may have to ring Microsoft if this keeps swapping about within a short time but they will sort that out

all (non-server12r2 data) retail keys are 'one key for one system'... real or inside vmware, Vbox or hyper-v does not matter.

however you can make working backups of that system as many times as you like and thats still considered one system for your retail key + you can move the system from one motherboard (real) or host system (virtual) so for example;
  • you have a v-box w8.1 with retail key and you purchase a new wx laptop to hold it next year... the vbox w8.1 is allowed to move across to this new wx laptop (host)
  • or perhaps you want to try installing Adobe photoshop on it but don't want to risk everything... make a backup before installing Adobe then if the system blue screens you can still roll back to before the install. make another backup whenever you make a major change and then store all these backups on a nas so even if some crackhead steals your host laptop you can still recover the V system when you purchase a new host laptop.

How do I transfer my key from one PC to another or from one Virtual Machine to another Virtual Machine.

Back