How do I eject a USB drive with a scheduled task that renders it inaccessible (eg to hackers) without physically unplugging it

MS54321

I have a Samsung T7 with Samsung’s encrypted password option enabled. I want a daily scheduled task that will take the drive offline and the only way to access it again is to unplug and replug it - alternatively put it in such a state that even if something malicious was to run code on my pc to re-enable it it wouldn’t get past the password prompt.

Manually I tried ejecting it via safely eject hardware (to see if this was a possible option to schedule via a batch file or similar) and then I disabled/enabled in device manager (as malicious code might do) but this brings it back online unlocked (ie it remembers status of password already being entered) so this doesn’t seem like an option

End result needs to be a scheduled task to remove the drive as if it’s been unplugged and if any malicious code were to bring it back online somehow then it would be relocked with Samsung password prompt.

You can't. The device will always be discoverable and re mountable programmatically.

You can't. The device will always be discoverable and re mountable programmatically.
right, but remountable with the samsung password prompt re-enabled somehow? If there's no way to stop it being re-opened programmatically can it at least reprompt for the password?

Not unless you encrypt it with something like Bitlocker2Go, then it would be possible

Easy just uninstall the driver, f*ck the BT.

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound ->Device Manager

Don't forget to go to view: Show hidden devices.

Back
Top Bottom