How do I stop getting all these link back posts?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

That's the question, I don't need to get a duplicate of every post I receive from both the Windows 7 and Windows 8 forums.

Mike

Hi

Well I get an e-mail notice of every message that I get from either Windows 7 or Windows 8 forums in addition to the normal message I get so I get two of them, I have enough stuff to delete.

Like these two!

Reply to thread 'How do I stop getting all these link back posts?'

New LinkBack to post 'How do I stop getting all these link back posts?

Mike

As for the emails, you can turn that off in your users control panel (CP). I'm not sure about the other notification you're getting. I would suggest asking an admin to look into it for you.

These are what I'm talking about...

Linkback.JPG

These are all duplicates of other posts I have already received.

Mike

Hi

I'm still not sure why I get a linkback to a post that hasn't had a any thing added to it since 2011?

Mike

I have been getting the same thing.
I keep getting emails from this forum,telling me there is a link back to one of the posts I am following.
It's very annoying.

I'm getting these Link-back posts on messages that haven't been posted on in years.
I've got some that no one has posted on since 2010, why is that happening?

I'm getting link-backs about whether to update Windows 7 to SP 1 or not?

Here's the last post on one of them...

SP1.JPG

You can see the date in the upper left corner.
What ever these are for I don't think this serves any purpose, not that Windows 8 is out. LOL

Just more stuff to be deleted.

Mike

Last edited:
I'm getting these Link-back posts on messages that haven't been posted on in years.
I've got some that no one has posted on since 2010, why is that happening?

I'm getting link-backs about whether to update Windows 7 to SP 1 or not?

Here's the last post on one of them...

You can see the date in the upper left corner.
What ever these are for I don't think this serves any purpose, not that Windows 8 is out. LOL

Just more stuff to be deleted.

Mike
Same here. Maybe there is a fault with the forum software,but I am no longer following those threads.Yet I still get emails telling me there is a link back to a thread.
I thought we could disable link back notifications in the settings in our profiles,but it seems not.Maybe it's something only the admin can do.

Back
Top Bottom