Windows 7 How do you get GTA IV to work in Win 7?????

OK whatever you say. Now my question to you is, if I install from a ripped copy of the dvd or install directly from my game dvd, is there a difference? Is this causing the problem? Because I also downloaded the game because I heard that if I reinstall too many times I will have to buy a new copy. So to prevent this I am installing the game from ripped files, but i am playing with my own key and dvd. Does this have an effect?

If that is indeed the case, i will install from DVD again and see if this changes anything....
ftr got it working fine after installing from disc/updating to 1.0.2 on win7 x64 build 7000

GTA IV with build 7048 x64

I kept having probs installing until I ran it for compatibility for XP and I had to install the Windows Live thing too, kept saying I was missing that file. - works great though!!

Intel Core i7
500gb Deskstars (3) Striped Array
Radeon 4870's in Crossfire
6gb GDDR3 tri-channel Corsair Dominator 1866

hi fellas! I´ve got windows 7 installed and GTA IV original workin´ properlly. However, I´ve got a problem with my USB joystick. I´ve been tried to install an file that emulate it on vista (and it goals, workin very fine!) but now, it doesn't work. Anybody has a file that works to send to me or post the file?
tnks 4 all!

Is GTA IV working on Windows 7

Not sure what the problem is. I slapped the disk in the drive and installed with absolutely no problems. I didn't have to run it in compatibility mode or anything. W7 x64 RC build 7100.

@hussanali

Yes.

Whats your specs.

ASUS P5N32-E SLI PLUS
C2D E6750 2.66GHz
4GB OCZ Special Ops Edition 800MHz
EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked
WD-2500AAKS 250GB HDD
WD-1600JS 160GB HDD
OCZ GameXstream 600W PSU

Where U from ?

Highwayman

Extraordinary Member
strange..... I've had no troubles with either installing or running the game at all without any messing on or compatibility mode on patch 1.3, must be twitchy setups or drivers prehaps?:confused:

strange..... I've had no troubles with either installing or running the game at all without any messing on or compatibility mode on patch 1.3, must be twitchy setups or drivers prehaps?:confused:
Is it pirated. ?

Highwayman

Extraordinary Member
No its a retail dvd, pointless pirating it really as the online game is mint, not to mention my local Morrisons sell it for £9.99 :razz:

Works fine for me

I have the retail version and that works fine for me too. Installed and played with no problems.

System: Windows 7100 - 32 bit
E8400 processor
P5QL-E mobo

Old Topic, Same problems

Hi,

I realize this is an old topic but I'm rather frustrated, and all the loops you have to jump through just to play this game is so annoying I nearly took it back.

Anyway, I get it installed just fine (win7 x86) but when I attempt to run, even with most compat modes ... it gets to the point where it reads the cd, passes that and then ... nothing. Rinse/repeat even after updates and even after attempting to use nocds .. same result. I really don't think I should have to go through this much hell to play a game I payed for. Is it going to take going back to XP to get this to work or am I missing something obvious. .. or?

Well, I had that problem also, and it took me a reinstall of windows 7 and updating the drivers and installing directx 9.0c before i connect to the internet or install games to get it to work. I have a topic opened on this forum for the right way to install it. http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-games/25651-problems-games-windows-7-works-most-time.html I would try this first before you go back to xp, it seems that GTA IV and other games run a lot smoother with win 7, at least with the 64 bit version.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.