How do you use a gamepad?

RUDY03

Uh...kinda awkward, but I have never 'actually' player for a long time using a gamepad...years ago, when I was a dumb kid with a GTA San Andreas in its time, I used to have a really low-end gamepad by Frontech, most probably....so basically I would just flick the buttons here and there, then continue with the mouse and keyboard.

Now, I have decided to get a gamepad for myself, infact, I just ordered one online, but the real problem is----I don't even know how to use it. I shall be extremely grateful if someone would be able to help me out. I mean, tell me all the functions of ALL the buttons. As for the 'TURBO' mode, I know its use, but especially the thumbsticks and the 8 buttons on either side, and the four buttons on eit her side of the top, I have no idea about their use. Please help. And DONT JUDGE ME!
red-gear-highline-pc-wired-controller-original-imaecrt3pnuency2.jpeg

red-gear-highline-pc-wired-controller-original-imaecb46ybkysgwh.jpeg

red-gear-highline-pc-wired-controller-original-imaecrt3e4hayjzf.jpeg

SPECIFICALLY, JUST TELL ME WHAT THESE BUTTONS DO:
(RT, RB, LT, LB),

( A;B;X;Y),

(FOUR MORE BUTTONS ON OTHER SIDE),

(TWO THUMB STICKS),

(BACK; MODE; START).

JUST TELL ME THE USES OF THESE.

As for the TURBO button, it relieves us of the burden of having to repeatedly pressing a single button, by keeping it pressed all the while, with the TURBO mode on. basically it acts as a cruise control for the gamepad LMAO

They do whatever the game asks of them. For example in racing games rt is accel lt is brakes lb and rb normally swap views. But depending on the game they'll be set up differently.

I once used my friend's PS4 controller for 5 minutes of NFS, and from that, I have an idea that the 4 buttons on the sides of the top part are for braking and accelerating, and I also seem to know that the thumb sticks are for moving a player, and the camera respectively. I wanted to know about the smaller buttons, ( A;B;X;Y) and (4 more buttons on the side) and the 'MODE' and 'START' and 'BACK' buttons.

( A;B;X;Y)

(4 more buttons on the side)

'MODE' and 'START' and 'BACK'

I know on for instance in Tomb raider A is jump X is block but it all depends on the game being played. Start on my xbox one pad does as it says starts the game or pauses. Mode in a few games does similar or pulls up the map in game.

Back