Title says it all

(British pounds)

Home starter =75
Home premium = 150
pro = 200
enterprize = 250
ultimate = 300 - 350

This is my opinion - not offical microsoft

I'm pretty sure no operating system would ever go to $700 USD. That is beyond an insane amount of money.

Prices will likely be similar to Vista. And in the UK, yes, it was 300 pounds. That's the retail price, though. Nobody ever pays that.

I'm pretty sure no operating system would ever go to $700 USD. That is beyond an insane amount of money.

I know thats insane but buisness people have millions or billions (US) to spend so they buy the best - ultimate, but for me it's probelly going to be home premium or pro and the max im going to pay is 200 sterling MAX (or 285 Us dollers) and if i can get pro any cheaper than that then thank god ,because i don't think my mum and dad can afford it - even if i'm paying half.

If it's any more than 175 for Home premium then it's back to basic XP :(:( --There nothing bad with xp it's just a bit.....(uncomftable pause)........... behind the times

I know thats insane but buisness people have millions or billions (US) to spend so they buy the best - ultimate, but for me it's probelly going to be home premium or pro and the max im going to pay is 200 sterling MAX (or 285 Us dollers) and if i can get pro any cheaper than that then thank god ,because i don't think my mum and dad can afford it - even if i'm paying half.

Businesses usually DON'T buy the latest and greatest -- just think what people in Offices actually do on their computers most of the day.

Usually WORD, EXCEL, EMAIL, some Internet and access corporate data bases / ERP / CRM systems. No High end system needed for this stuff.

(If you are developing Video or games then it's different but most offices aren't involved in this type of activity).

Some large Multi-Nationals believe it or not are still running WINDOWS 2000 on a lot of their systems.

Cheers
jimbo

I think they'll follow Vista's pricing for the most part.. not that I think that's "right", but that's most likely what will happen.. ;) It will be interesting to see (if any) how much Vista's pricing drops after Windows 7 hits the shelves.. I doubt it will at all for the first while but one never knows... ;)

I think they'll follow Vista's pricing for the most part.. not that I think that's "right", but that's most likely what will happen.. ;) It will be interesting to see (if any) how much Vista's pricing drops after Windows 7 hits the shelves.. I doubt it will at all for the first while but one never knows... ;)]

That's what my mum said, wait until a new os comes out after windows 7 - but that will be years and by then the new windows os will be better than windows 7.

As soon as you buy a labtop then it's pratically out dated the next day. Hardware and Softwre are improving dramaticly, i might wait until thst stops

Businesses usually DON'T buy the latest and greatest -- just think what people in Offices actually do on their computers most of the day.

I ment the top few and in buisness which need it - like video and graphics designers. Sorry for not saying this in the other post - i didn't mean non - computer topics like doctors - all they need is a big hard drive and a enormas databases, my dad's company (No he doesn't own it) are still using windows 98 - bad and 1 computer on xp - but they don't need it. Comanies designing software will need a few differant OS to test it and even if the company don't buy a lot of windows 7 lets say they buy 5, microsoft will get thousands - if they go for top of the range, especcally in this economic downfall.

I know i'm practilly repeating what you said, but it's my opinion,

Usually WORD, EXCEL, EMAIL, some Internet and access corporate data bases / ERP / CRM systems. No High end system needed for this stuff.

(If you are developing Video or games then it's different but most offices aren't involved in this type of activity).

Some large Multi-Nationals believe it or not are still running WINDOWS 2000 on a lot of their systems.

Cheers
jimbo
If Microsoft is so stupid that they charge a high price, then the emimmigration to Windows 7 will be slow and I think a lot of peaople as me will continue with Linux. I also use Linux Ubuntu 7.10 and Linux Mint. So far quite happy with Linux, even though I am impressed by Windows 7

If Microsoft is so stupid that they charge a high price, then the emimmigration to Windows 7 will be slow and I think a lot of peaople as me will continue with Linux. I also use Linux Ubuntu 7.10 and Linux Mint. So far quite happy with Linux, even though I am impressed by Windows 7

I think if more users use linux,Microsoft will let windows free one day.

I think if more users use linux,Microsoft will let windows free one day.
Though that's exactly what everyone wishes, Linux is maintained by a gathering of individuals who make and edit an operating system for a hobby, not a job.

Windows on the other hand costs money so it can pay those who have worked through long sleepless nights to get us windows 7 and all of it's predecessors

maybe a bunch of people with well paying jobs should get together and make a knock off windows that would be free!

haha lol you obviously dont look online for price checks much when vista ultimate was realeased here it's cost was $975.00nzd($702.00USD) :eek: thats New Zealnad dollars and that was when we were getting 72 cents in the dollar conversion rates, it's now dropped down to $440.00nzd ($255.00USD) but thats still bloody expensive:p and MS say they want to curb piracy well with prices like that it's nowonder it's the most pirated software on the net today

Cheers
jimbo
lol we have a GOVERNMENT DEPT that still (and get this) Uses a DOS:eek: programe and why may you ask because they cant get an windows programe that does the same things and they have tried several including getting one writen specificaly for the job what a waste of tax payers money that was :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom