Windows 10 how to adjust screen position

evilazzDside

My screen is cracked. I want to move the screen to a place where the screen isn't cracked. My graphics properties (Intel graphics and media control panel) does not have (even under custom resolutions) where you can set my model to where you can see it. My model is a Toshiba Satellite A665. Does anyone know a program I can download?

Attachments

• tmp_14063-20160622_175346-1612438571.jpg
    tmp_14063-20160622_175346-1612438571.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 376
I'm not sure that's even possible with a screen in that condition.

I want to minimize it and use it inthe little portion in the top left
I want to minimize it and use it inthe little portion in the top left
It looks like it's the outside of the screen that is cracked but it's the inside and it does not affect the area in the top left corner. It's a tight fit but I can do it until I find another laptop. It's just a matter of changing the screen resolution and then moving it to fit that space. But I need a program to know how

You would need to boot into windows to do that IISC.
IISC you say. How will I know I'm doing the right thing if I can't see what is on the screen. What I'm doing right now on the laptop is just from memory. But if something new came up like an unfamiliar IISC screen I wouldn't know. Also, what is it and how will it help me?

Well for me it would be easy I just boot into windows and then raise the res super high which makes everything really small, then I drag around the windows box until I get it to the upper right I mean you are not going to have windows itself fit into that area but you can get your browser there by doing this by mimimizing that box after raising resolution to make things smaller and you can do this from my computer manually. The windows programs you can get there by dragging your my computer icon to be able to see it and manually navigating around within C/program files etc. Another much better option is to use your VGA-out port to an external monitor/TV that way you have full viewing capability.

IISC you say. How will I know I'm doing the right thing if I can't see what is on the screen. What I'm doing right now on the laptop is just from memory. But if something new came up like an unfamiliar IISC screen I wouldn't know. Also, what is it and how will it help me?

best to hook it up to your TV if you can or another display.

FYI, repair cost on a Toshiba with a cracked screen runs from about $120-$240 US. The big chain computer stores of like Best Buy & Fry's charge the most. If you can find an A+ licensed Computer Tech who is an independent he will typically charge less. The LCD panels for Toshibas can also be quite expensive. So, your repair might cost even more. If you buy the part on ebay, you can save some money, but it's really best to have the Tech repairing it do it, as DIY'ers often bring me laptops to install new panels on and they have bought the wrong size or type of panel; and they have to pay me to order a 2nd panel that is correct, and then install it. So, they are out even more money!

Good luck,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

There are also step by step tutorials on YouTube, if you can't afford a Technician to repair for you.
As Neemobeer says, it is not a difficult repair.

Back