Windows 7 How-To Install MAC OS X in VirtualBox/Snow Leopard

Adamsappleone

U.S.Navy D.A.V.
There are several reasons why not to use Snow Leopard on VMWare and go for Virtualbox.

Who doesn't love Open Source? And when a Open source product is better than a paid application, we adore it. So is the case with Virtualbox. Virtualbox 3.1 is an amazing platform for Virtualization, It's not only free, but also much faster than VMware in Disk I/O, Network I/O, RAM optimization, CPU Usage, Hypervisor level operations. Hats off to Sun-Oracle.

Before you begin, make sure you have enough CPU, RAM, Disk resources to share for the virtual machine.

Hardware Requirements:

• Processor: Any Intel Processor or AMD. if you still have a doubt:@taranfx.
  • RAM: Anything above 1 GB, Recommended 2GB or higher
  • Disk space: 10GB (minimum)
Software Requirements:

• Virtualbox 3.2.6 (Download)
  • Link Removed - Invalid URL
  • Bit of Patience
    icon_smile.gif
Source and Complete Tutorial: Install Mac OS X in VirtualBox [Snow Leopard]

Hi I have tried to install mac osx on windows7 using virtual box everything went fine, in finally it asked me to restart the machine when i do it kills the kernel and gives kernel panic message on a black screen instead of loading mac os.

Does any one have same problem? please help.

error.png

Hi I have tried to install mac osx on windows7 using virtual box everything went fine, in finally it asked me to restart the machine when i do it kills the kernel and gives kernel panic message on a black screen instead of loading mac os.

Does any one have same problem? please help.

View attachment 15020

Did you follow step #7?

Step 7. Setting the Chameleon Bootloader
When the installation completes, before restarting Click on Devices at the top of the VirtualBox window, hit CD/DVD Devices and click Unmount CD/DVD Device. Next you’ll see the Chameleon loader and then OS X will begin to boot.

dear administrator thank you for the reply, i did well without that black console window giving that message but unfortunately its not reboot it just displays circle image with the cursor button in virtual box.

please kindly reply asap

Many thanks for quick reply

Hi, Reboot was fine please exclude earlier post,,,I have unmonut cd/dvd from devices tab then reset the machine.

But it was giving me

ox20dd:eek:x21 (0x5e...................)warning:invalid kernel ip wont attempt to handle trap
debugger called :<double panic>

thi sthe message I am getting while reboot in final step of installation.

Many thanks
faydor

Hi,

Hi, Reboot was fine please,,I have unmonut cd/dvd from devices tab then reset the machine.

But it was giving me an error

ox20dd:eek:x21 (0x5e...................)warning:invalid kernel ip wont attempt to handle trap
debugger called :<double panic>

thisthe message I am getting while reboot in final step of installation.

Many thanks
faydor

Hello faydor,

You may have to try the whole installation process over again, which is not uncommon from what I've read and actually done myself.
I took me 3 or 4 times starting from scratch each time, before it finally booted to the desktop so I could use the browser to get online.
Couldn't tell you what I was doing wrong, but each time it gave me a different error.
Then after all that, I used it for about a month, then removed it all from my PC, not that I didn't like it, it was pretty cool, I just enjoy Windows too much.

Don

Thanks Don,

But which I was trying to install Mac to develop my mobile applications on my win7 for my coursework which i couldnt effort to buy a Mac, I tried that process for several times but failed, wit kernel panic error any specific reason(even I had original Snow leopard with licencee)

Many thanks,

faydor

Back