Windows 7 How to pitch shift (by cents) Windows 7 audio output

AkashaJSummer

Honorable Member
How do I pitch shift (by cents) Windows 7 audio output? Windows sound manager and my audio drivers software only shifts the pitch in semitones. I want to shift the pitch of all outputted audio from Windows to 432 Hz. To accomplish this I need to reduce the pitch by 32 cents.

Ideally, a pitch shifting program that can run in the system tray, with Windows direct sound as its input would accomplish this but I can only find plug-in pitch shifters which require a host application to run.

Any ideas how to accomplish this without having to buy an audio card with cents capability? Another idea was an external pitch shifting unit that the audio can be fed through but I'd rather a program with real-time pitch shifting of Windows direct sound.

Apologies your post was never answered. Did you still require any help? Not that I know that much about the subject you mention.. Have you tried to just Google for what your looking for?

I haven't found a solution. I have spent a long time searching the web. It's strange that I have not found any discussions or mentions of programs for pitch shifting all audio from Windows.

I've been trying to do the same thing for a long time, but unfortunately I can't find any resources on the internet about it.

I've been trying to do the same thing for a long time, but unfortunately I can't find any resources on the internet about it.
I asked GPT-4

As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, there was no inbuilt feature in Windows 7 to pitch shift audio by cents. Adjusting the pitch of all output audio is generally not a function provided by the operating system itself, but rather by individual applications or external software.

In this case, you'll need to use an external software that intercepts and modifies the pitch of the sound before it is outputted to your speakers or headphones. A real-time audio processing software like Equalizer APO might be what you need. As a system-wide equalizer for Windows 7, 8.1, and 10, it can be used to adjust audio parameters and it supports plugins which may be used for additional functionality.

However, it does not have a pitch shift function by itself, but it can be used in conjunction with VST (Virtual Studio Technology) plugins that can provide the functionality you need. A VST plugin like Pitchproof or MAutoPitch might serve your needs.

Here's a general guide on how you might use Equalizer APO and a VST plugin to shift the pitch:

1. Download and install Equalizer APO from its official site. Make sure to install it for the audio device that you want to modify.
  2. Restart your computer to make sure the Equalizer APO is properly installed.
  3. Download a VST plugin that can pitch shift by cents (like Pitchproof or MAutoPitch).
  4. Install the VST plugin. Note the folder that you installed the VST plugin into.
  5. Open the Equalizer APO configuration editor. You can usually find this by searching for "Equalizer APO" in the start menu.
  6. In the Equalizer APO configuration editor, you can add plugins to the processing chain. Add the VST plugin you installed by selecting the file in the installation folder from step 4.
  7. Adjust the pitch in the VST plugin settings. You would want to decrease it by 32 cents.
Remember to save the configuration in Equalizer APO and your changes should be applied immediately.

Please note that this is a general guide and the exact steps may vary depending on the specific software and plugins used. Always follow the instructions provided by the software developer and make sure to download software from trustworthy sources to avoid security risks.

Keep in mind that not all applications may be compatible with Equalizer APO. Additionally, since you're running Windows 7, please verify that the software and plugins you're using are compatible with your operating system.

Please be careful when downloading and installing software from the Internet. Make sure to only download from trusted sources, and always have up-to-date antivirus software running on your system.

Don't know if this helps.

Back
Top Bottom