Windows 10 How to resolve 0x80240fff error windows update?

kyleejames

Hello guys, I am new to Windows PC and i am facing issues during updation of windows. A Error has occured while Updating to Windows 10. Error Code is 0x80240fff. Though after searching for a while on Google and Bing i found this webpage which gave a fair solution to my problems of 0x80240fff error windows update. I think it is really simple and easy for beginners like me.

Everyone!

Choose the advanced options, blue tab, under the retry bar.

From there make sure the "defer updates" tab is CHECKED.

Your problem will be solved, it solved mine. Build 10240.

Your welcome Microsoft and I do thank you for the free Windows with all the advertisements.

Updating too build 1511 as of writing this as I too had error 0x80240fff

Apparently for Windows 10 Pro Users Only

"Sumit Dhiman2" has a link that may help Home Users

1256 people were helped by this reply
·
Did this solve your problem?

Answer

Answer

Sumit - Insider MVP

Sumit - Insider MVP

The summary so far:
Issue relates to build 10240 Update server Itself,I hope MS corrects it soon.
Immediate resolution:
  • Pro Users: Click on Defer Upgrades-that would change your Windows update server and the problem would be resolved.However,upgrades would be postponed.Another Alternate Download version 1511 through media creation Tool and perform an In-place upgrade.This would make sure you are on the latest build of windows 10 and you would receive the Aniversary update due July this year.
  • Home users(Home+Home SL):No defer upgrades option,the only thing is to download version 1511 through media creation tool.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steps for upgrade:
Media creation Tool is now updated with Version 1511, OS Build 10586 of Windows 10.
Download link for Media Creation Tool:
Download Windows 10
You can select upgrade this PC now,windows should do that automatically for you.

Sumit
Windows Insider MVP 2018-2021 and Moderator

Dell Inspiron 5590 - i5 10210U/12GB DDR4/ 4GB Nvidia MX230/ 512GB nvme

582 people were helped by this reply
·
Did this solve your problem?

Hello guys, I am new to Windows PC and i am facing issues during updation of windows. A Error has occured while Updating to Windows 10. Error Code is 0x80240fff. Though after searching for a while on Google and Bing i found this webpage which gave a fair solution to my problems of 0x80240fff error windows update. I think it is really simple and easy for beginners like me.

Kindly, follow the below methods and check.

Method 1: Initially, I suggest you to run Windows Update troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that your computer is connected to the Internet, and checks to see whether your network adapter and Windows Update services are running correctly.

Follow the below steps

1. Press Windows + X and select Control panel.
  2. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
  3. Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Updates.
Method 2: If you receive Windows Update error 80240fff, you might need to restart Background Intelligent Transfer Services.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R key, and type services.msc in the text box.
  2. Locate Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) from the list.
  3. Right-click the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) service, and then click Properties.
  4. On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic (Delayed Start) is selected. If it isn't, select it, and then click Apply.
  5. Next to Service status, check to see if the service is started. If it isn't, click Start.

Here are the steps to follow to solve this error:
  1. Go to Start > type run > double click the first result to launch Run.
  2. Now type services.msc > launch Windows Services.
  3. Locate Network List Service > right-click on it > select Restart. You can also select Stop and then Restart.
  4. Try to update your computer again to see if the error persists.

Back
Top Bottom