Windows 7 How to scramble photos by date and file name

rickluc

I'm running Windows 7. I have a folder that I've put photos (JPG) from past Easters. They are in the folder in date sequence, just the way I copied and paste them. I want to scramble them in unsequenced order, so the photos are not in date order. Then load them onto a flash drive and run a photo show on my Smart TV. How would I do that? Thanks

This is not possible in Windows 7...
Windows XP does that just by drag and drop !
The only thing you can do is rename them and then sort by name !

Maybe your Smart TV has some sorting options ?

OTT

This is not possible in Windows 7...
Windows XP does that just by drag and drop !
The only thing you can do is rename them and then sort by name !

Maybe your Smart TV has some sorting options ?

OTT
TV just shows them in the order they are on the flash drive. My photos do have different names like IMG20000, IMG20001, IMG20002 and so on. I also downloaded a program that randomly changed the img. number to al numbers out of sequence. How do I shuffle the order randomly on computer before loading onto flash drive? Thanks

If you randomly change the img numbers then order them by name then by definition you have randomly changed the order of the pics and will do so each time you renumber.

If you randomly change the img numbers then order them by name then by definition you have randomly changed the order of the pics and will do so each time you renumber.
You say to randomly change img numbers then order (?) them by name. I don't understand order by name. But I better enter here I'm talking about approx. 540 photos. Thanks

Well the img number becomes the new "name" so if you randomly change the img number you are changing the name so when you order them by name you are ordering them in the order of their newly assigned random names/numbers. (it makes sense if you read it carefully!)

It's getting complicated here, I am going to put some air in my post... :D

Rename the pictures :

1 rename to 2
2 rename to 3
3 rename to 1

Windows 7 is going to place them in an order (by name, by date,...).
Then rightclick an empty space in the folder and then choose "Sort by" "Name".

New order :

1 was picture 3
2 was picture 1
3 was picture 2

Now you have your real pictures in a different order. Copy them to the flashdrive and bingo !

I think your Smart TV just shows your pictures in name order, somewhere there has to be a setting to change that to random...

OTT

Back
Top Bottom