Windows 7 hp laptop, no sound through speakers?

saraaahh

I have a HP laptop dv4 series, and with Vista, my laptop speakers worked fine. I usually have the laptop hooked up to my tv, and it plays through the tv speakers. I can not get my laptop speakers to work now. I don't know why they don't work, they do not even show up on the list of playback devices, and if I do not have speakers, headphones or the HDMI cable plugged in, it says I have no sound. Help?

no driver installed, that's why... please give the exact model of you hp lap (dvXXXyy), and version of Windows 7 you use

here are the drivers for your lap : Link Removed - Invalid URL
Depending version of Windows you get (32 or 64 bits) you shall choose one which goes with. Before anyhow it will be better to see it before, go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it. If it's inexistant or you get warning sign on audio driver, uninstall (right click) then install the one from HP page. If it says "unable to install, signature of driver unverified by Microsoft" you shall use method I already explained in my post in section "hardware - audio driver conexant hp"..

Good luck !

Ok, i downloaded the driver. I went into my device manager and found one driver there under sound, it was "High Definition Audio Device" I didn't know if this was my TV or headphone jack, so I didn't delete it. I installed the driver. I restarted my laptop, and my speakers work! Thank you very much =]

Back
Top Bottom