Windows 7 HP Officejet Driver causes system to slow then hang

LordDunvegan

Extraordinary Member
Hi I'm running Windows 7 64 bit on icore 7 with 12GB memory and 1TB disk space. If I install my HP Officejet Pro L7880 the system gradually gets slower until it hangs - it also seems to turn off the Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Any body any ideas?

Hi I'm running Windows 7 64 bit on icore 7 with 12GB memory and 1TB disk space. If I install my HP Officejet Pro L7880 the system gradually gets slower until it hangs - it also seems to turn off the Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Any body any ideas?

Your problem... although it seems to be connected with Kasper is more likely an IRQ conflict.

I don't know how to view all the irq's in Win 7 ... except to look at each device in the device manager .. one at the time... first check the irq for the printer then see if you can find anything else that uses it.

I hate all AV programs that run all the time. They cause so many problems... and where are people finding so many viruses that they need to always be on guard? Scanning for viruse once a week or month is frequent enough... unless your system starts acting funny.

I would have thought you would get an IRQ conflict with a locally connected printer. This is a networked printer. If I uninstall it, the problem goes away (but I cannot print doh ....):(

Thanks for the idea

Your problem... although it seems to be connected with Kasper is more likely an IRQ conflict.

I don't know how to view all the irq's in Win 7 ... except to look at each device in the device manager .. one at the time... first check the irq for the printer then see if you can find anything else that uses it.

I hate all AV programs that run all the time. They cause so many problems... and where are people finding so many viruses that they need to always be on guard? Scanning for viruse once a week or month is frequent enough... unless your system starts acting funny.

Back