Windows 7 HP psc 1600 series

wizard

Extraordinary Member
Windows 7 offers no problem whatsoever to install hardware, but... (there's always a "but").
I've installed my HP PSC 1610 All-inOne, that works great at my notebook with Windows 7 6801.
I tried the same with desktop running 7000 - the printer installed ok, but there's no way to customize printing preferences. I tried reinstalling the printer, and even downloaded original software from HP - nothing worked!
Missing paper type, missing printing quality, etc.
Anyone with same problem?
:(

The issue you're encountering with missing printing preferences for your HP PSC 1610 on Windows 7 can be resolved by following these troubleshooting steps:

1. Update Printer Drivers:
- Visit the HP website and download the latest drivers specifically designed for Windows 7 for your HP PSC 1610. Make sure to install these updated drivers to ensure full compatibility with your operating system.

2. Printer Software Compatibility:
- Check the compatibility of the HP PSC 1610 software with Windows 7. Some older printer software might lack full functionality on newer operating systems. If the software is not compatible, you may need to look for workarounds or use basic drivers provided by Windows.

3. Printer Properties:
- Right-click on your printer in the "Devices and Printers" section. Select "Printer properties" or "Printing preferences" to access various printing options. Ensure that all the settings you need are available there.

4. Driver Installation:
- Uninstall the printer completely from your computer. Reboot and reinstall the printer using the latest drivers. Sometimes a clean reinstall could fix any software glitches.

5. Compatibility Mode (if necessary):
- If the HP software is still not functioning correctly, try installing it in compatibility mode for Windows Vista or XP. Right-click the installer, go to Properties, and under the Compatibility tab, select an earlier version of Windows.

6. Alternative Software:
- If the official HP software continues to cause issues, consider using the built-in Windows drivers for basic printing tasks. While it may not offer all the features of the full software package, it might provide the essential functionality you need.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the missing printing preferences issue and configure your HP PSC 1610 printer successfully on Windows 7.

Back