Windows 10 Hyper-V is bare virtualization without using used OS as guest - is possible to add phisical hardware?

MIRKOSOFT

Hi!

AFAIK Hyper-V is bare virtualization without using OS like host. This is difference between VMware or VirtualBox.
I need for testing physical hardware for several purposes like hardware driver doesn't work in new update and in previous was working.
Instead installing secondary OS I want to test driver or other hardware in Hyper-V.

Is possible to use for example PCIe device to detect in guest?
Or for some reasons some hardware working in very old versions. Here's also Q - is possible to allow direct disk access?

Thank you for each help, reply, suggestion or comment.
Miro

All hypervisors rely on an OS VMware ESX is an OS, but fairly minimal to allow more resources for virtualization. Hyper-v and VMWare ESX are referred to as type 1 hyper visors where as VMware player or Virtual box are type 2 (applications that sit on an OS)

You can allow access to different hardware devices to the guest OSes. You can also do pass-thru disk access in Hyper-V.
As an example for Server 2012R2 Migrate Pass-Through Disk Storage by Using Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012 R2

You can pass-thru storage, USB and graphics cards possibly others I don't work with Hyper-V a lot.

Back