Windows 7 I can't change my taskbar and stuck in Window Classic

xtianaznar

Hi good day to all. I am experiencing a difficulty in my Windows 7 Taskbar because it is stuck in Window Classic. How can I change in my default Windows Aero Theme? I used cmd and sfc /scannow and get an error while scanning. Anyway, here's the preview of my computer specs and problem. Please see attached images. Hoping for your response regarding my concern. Thank you all :eek:

Attachments

• aero check.jpg
    aero check.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 658
  • system.jpg
    system.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 575
  • after scannow.jpg
    after scannow.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 530
  • color and appearance.jpg
    color and appearance.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 660
  • my theme.jpg
    my theme.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 658
  • system info.jpg
    system info.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 539
I may see the issue... The Windows logo Theme selected is available/offered in Personalize twice. One w/in the Aero Themes & one in the Basic & High Contrast Themes. The later giving what you have. Suggesting somehow, accidentally or inadvertently, the wrong, unintended one is in force, currently. Could do to explore the possibility, @ least initially.

Also, being in Safe Mode will give you nothing but, the display you are showing.

Cheers,
Drew

Last edited:
While working on customer's PC's, I often find that things like the Taskbar are "Locked".
You can't do much with anything that's Locked.
Right click on the Taskbar and make sure it's not locked. If there is a check mark next
to "Lock the Taskbar" click on it to UN-Lock it.

Good Luck,
:cool:

I may see the issue... The Windows logo Theme selected is available/offered in Personalize twice. One w/in the Aero Themes & one in the Basic & High Contrast Themes. The later giving what you have. Suggesting somehow, accidentally or inadvertently, the wrong, unintended one is in force, currently. Could do to explore the possibility, @ least initially.

Also, being in Safe Mode will give you nothing but, the display you are showing.

Cheers,
Drew

Hey, thanks for the reply, what should I do in order to change my theme and not stuck in Window Classic? Any response may help. Thanks :)

Hi thanks to both of you. How can I change it? I already run Aero/Theme Troubleshooter, but it doesn't change anything. Please help me. Thanks:razz:

Back