cr0wnest

I havent been able to use this feature since the RC build. I tried using the registry hack to force enable it but it still doesnt work. All the other Aero functions (Peak, flip, snap) work by default. Also tried Link Removed - Invalid URL but i could not find the option regarding aero shake as shown in the screenshot.

Its like somehow my windows 7 is installed without aero shake. Even my dad's netbook and my lenovo laptop can use all the aero features including aero shake. My desktop is only unable to use aero shake, but the other features work just fine. Ive already made sure all aero features are enabled. A little help here guys?

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
5GB RAM
Gigabyte EP45-UD3R

Solution
It seems like you are facing an issue with Aero Shake on your Windows 7 Ultimate x64 system. Aero Shake is a feature that allows you to minimize all open windows except the one you shake. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix this issue:
### Troubleshooting Steps for Aero Shake Issue:
1. Ensure Aero Shake is Enabled:
- Go to Control Panel > Ease of Access Center.
- Make sure that the option "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen" is unchecked.
2. Registry Check:
- Double-check the registry hack you applied to force enable Aero Shake.
- To enable Aero Shake via registry, you can create a DWORD value named "NoWindowMinimizingShortcuts"...
It seems like you are facing an issue with Aero Shake on your Windows 7 Ultimate x64 system. Aero Shake is a feature that allows you to minimize all open windows except the one you shake. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix this issue:
### Troubleshooting Steps for Aero Shake Issue:
1. Ensure Aero Shake is Enabled:
- Go to Control Panel > Ease of Access Center.
- Make sure that the option "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen" is unchecked.
2. Registry Check:
- Double-check the registry hack you applied to force enable Aero Shake.
- To enable Aero Shake via registry, you can create a DWORD value named "NoWindowMinimizingShortcuts" and set it to 0 under the key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer.
3. Desktop Composition:
- Ensure that Desktop Composition is enabled. Right-click on Computer > Properties > Advanced system settings > Performance settings > Enable desktop composition.
4. Check Group Policy:
- Sometimes, group policies can disable certain Aero features. Check if there are any group policies affecting Aero Shake.
5. Graphics Driver Update:
- Ensure that your NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT graphics driver is up to date. You can download the latest driver from the NVIDIA website.
6. System File Checker:
- Run the System File Checker tool to scan for and repair any corrupted system files. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command: sfc /scannow.
7. Clean Boot:
- Perform a clean boot to see if any third-party software is causing conflicts with Aero Shake. This helps in identifying if any background application is interfering with the Aero functionality.
8. Personalization Settings:
- Check if the theme you are using supports Aero Shake. Switch to a Windows Aero theme if you are not already using one.
9. User Account Control (UAC):
- Temporarily disable UAC to check if it might be causing issues with Aero Shake.
### Additional Note:
- If you are still unable to resolve the issue, consider creating a new user account on Windows 7 and see if Aero Shake works in the new account. This can help determine if the issue is profile-specific.
Try these steps and see if any of them help in resolving the Aero Shake functionality on your desktop. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you have any other questions!

Solution
Back