Windows 10 I have a problem with several partitions on my C: drive

Randy2747

I had a issues when I was downloading Windows 10 lot core to my raspberry pi 3 B+.I used a software called "Install Windows 10 Lot Core Dashboard" and it took part of my c: drive and made a UDF partition. I had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to remove it. But now i am left with my C: drive in several partitions and my drive is almost full and shows red (see pictures) . Can anyone please tell a noob what I can do to recover this part of my partition? Its Disk 0 Partition 2..... And why do I have a Disk 0 partition 5?

Thank you,Randy

Attachments

• 2UDF.png
    2UDF.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 3UDF.png
    3UDF.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 118
It looks to me that your partitions are fine, looks just like any Dell/HP OEM System, what it sounds to me is that something has used massive amounts of space on your C drive. I'd suggest a program like WinDirStat and/or Everything to figure out what is taking all your disk space.

I would agree. 3-4 partitions is normal (2 is the minimum you will have on a Windows system).

I prefer TreeSize Free | JAM Software for looking for space hogs. You can also run the built in disk cleanup, disable hibernate if it's enabled and also the component store can become quite large.

You can reset the componet store to a new baseline which can free up quite a bit of space, but you won't be able to rollback components. I would use the following command if your system is stable.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ResetBase

Thank You for responding to help me out Josephur, I really appreciate it. I downloaded and tried the WinDirStat The little pacman animations was a surprise but it immediately took me back to my childhood days lol. looks like my problem is my Steam folder is very large.

I am still confused why do I have a partition Disk 0 partition 2 that has no file system name.Like all the other partitions state that they are either NTFS or Fat32. is this normal? Sorry for all the questions but I am not familiar with this.

I also tried the Everything software but didnt really understand that program

Attachments

• windirstat1.png
    windirstat1.png
    658.9 KB · Views: 102
The partition called Recovery is a bootable WIM image which contains all the recovery tools to repair a Windows install. The second partition (partition 2) is your boot partition which contains everything needed to boot into Windows. The third partition is the OS and Data and the fourth partition is likely a manufacturer recovery partition.

First of all I want to say thank you Neemobeer for you taking your time to help me out :)

Like i mentioned to Josephur above I am still confused why do I have a partition Disk 0 partition 2 that has no file system name. all the other partitions state that they are either NTFS or Fat32. is this normal?

I installed the TreeSize Free | JAM Software and I really like it alot!! It shows me that I have a common folder inside of Steam that is 177.6 GB . So i guess my problem is having to many games on this drive. Guess I will move some of the games I dont play often on the HDD drive instead of my two SSD drives.

I did reset the component store, disk clean up, and turned off hibernation mode, and that was enough to get my drive out of the red. Thank you again for your help!!

Attachments

• 5FullDrive.png
    5FullDrive.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 6FullDrive.png
    6FullDrive.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 98
wow your extremely fast to respond!! I was just writing you. lol

Thank you for clarifying on the partitions I really appreciate it. Guess now I have to move some files.
Have a greart Day!!

Back
Top Bottom