Windows 7 I know this has been asked before (wmc)

HotPepper

So ive never used wmc before and i just bough an xbox360 2 weeks ago. Today i did that code the 360 gives you and when i enter it in wmc it restarts itself. It recognizes the 360 but the code cant get out in. Any helps thanks so much!!

The code allows the xBox to be an Extender for Windows Media Center. Does it show as an extender?

I don't have any extenders, so can't tell you what it should look like, but if your network is setup correctly, you should be able to stream content to it.

You can also check the Network and Sharing Center, Advanced Sharing Options, Media Streaming options and the extender should be listed as one of the devices and show Allowed..

Yeah wmc recognizes the 360 as a extender but once i punch in the code and hit enter it restarts itsself.

Ive eneabled extenders in my firewall. Ive tried turning off my av. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Restarting

Im lost...

Yeah wmc recognizes the 360 as a extender but once i punch in the code and hit enter it restarts itsself.

Ive eneabled extenders in my firewall. Ive tried turning off my av. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Restarting

Im lost...

You can communicate with the xBox normally on the network? And it does show up in the Media Stream settings in the Advanced Sharing settings and you do have media streaming enabled?

What exactly are you trying to do with the xBox, and how? Are you trying to stream music or video to a TV? Are you starting the streaming from the xBox?

Since I don't have one, it is hard for me to see what might be wrong, but maybe someone else will.

You can communicate with the xBox normally on the network? And it does show up in the Media Stream settings in the Advanced Sharing settings and you do have media streaming enabled?

What exactly are you trying to do with the xBox, and how? Are you trying to stream music or video to a TV? Are you starting the streaming from the xBox?

Since I don't have one, it is hard for me to see what might be wrong, but maybe someone else will.

Im trying to play my pc media via xbox 360. So when i start up wmc i go to tasks -> add extender. I punch in the 8 digit code it wants from the 360 and when i click next it says an error has occured wmc will restarts itself

So it restarts

Does Windows Media Center find the xBox and show it as an Extender, or are you going to the Add Extender option? If it does not see the xBox initially, it might be a sharing or networking problem.

Selecting Windows Media Center in the extender obviously gives you an 8 digit code...

Could you be misreading the code?

Back