Windows 10 I SLEEP NAD MY DISPLAY 1 IS WHITE SCREEN

rald

Hi Everyone, I usually do use dual monitors, My laptop screen and external monitor. But today my display 1 (which is my laptop screen) is a white screen after I stay asleep, I don't know why because when I wake up it's a white screen already, and now it's a black screen. I've tried opening the display settings, but in the multiple display settings I can't do anything about it. Pls help me about it :) Thanks

To address the issue of your laptop screen showing a white or black screen after coming out of sleep mode, you can try the following steps:

1. Hardware Check:
- Check the physical connections between your laptop and the external monitor to ensure proper connection. If you're using a docking station, make sure all cables are securely connected.
- If you have the option, try connecting your laptop to a different external monitor to see if the issue persists.

2. External Monitor Settings:
- If the external monitor works fine but the laptop screen does not, you can try pressing the Windows logo key + P to bring up the projection options. This can help you switch between different display modes.

3. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers can sometimes cause display issues. Update your graphics drivers to the latest version from the manufacturer's website or using Windows Update.

4. Display Settings:
- Right-click on the desktop and select Display settings.
- Check the multiple display settings to ensure the correct display is set as the primary display and configured to extend or duplicate the display properly.

5. Power Settings:
- Sometimes, power settings can affect display behavior. Adjust the power settings to ensure that the system isn't configured to turn off the display too quickly or go to sleep.

6. Windows Updates:
- Ensure your Windows operating system is up to date with the latest updates. Sometimes, Microsoft releases updates to address display-related issues.

7. System Restore:
- If the issue started recently, you can consider performing a system restore to revert your system to a point where the display was functioning correctly.

If these steps do not resolve the issue with your laptop screen displaying a white or black screen after sleep mode, you may want to contact your laptop manufacturer's technical support for further assistance or bring it to a professional technician for a thorough diagnosis and repair if needed.

Back