Windows 8 IL9 Pro boot twice problem

Robertwav1

Hello All,

Windows 8.1 having a little issue in that the system boots up to splash screen then abrupty reboots again and all is fine. I had the same thing happen with the install of win 8 originally, went into bios and changed the quick boot option and it fixed the problem. Now with win8.1 the same thing happened again but the changing the quick boot option doesn't work? This is a win 8 problem with the IL9 pro board which I am using. I can swap my volume with win 7 and it doesn't happen. Just a little annoying.....I guess as I'm writing this I am going to try and disable some of the older software I'm using on startup. Any other suggestions are welcome. The board is a little old but really runs great and is flawless otherwise. Thanks all!

I suppose it might be running into some type of driver situation and needing to reboot or something else isn't loading correctly..

How did you arrive at your current install situation, Win 8 upgrade to 8.1?

I suppose it might be running into some type of driver situation and needing to reboot or something else isn't loading correctly..

How did you arrive at your current install situation, Win 8 upgrade to 8.1?

It came up as an update and I installed it. I believe I checked for available updates manually and it was available. I now have it on my notebook as well which is fine. I really miss the apps though you used to be able to look through. Now, you have to search for what you looking for....no apps appear like they used too. Strange how you get used to something and then it changes. Runs well though, no complaints here.

Back
Top Bottom