Windows 8 ImageShack Uploader v. 2.2.0 not uploading

nichosi

Hi,

My ImageShack Uploader v. 2.2.0 refuses to upload any format I try, jpeg, bmp or all others available.

Can you help please?

Home build, Asus P5K Premium WiFiiFi Intel, Win 8.1
Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 95W 2.4GHz, 2x2GB, 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 800 (400mhz) PC2-6400,

NOT fixed, it runs OK but when a file is chosen it does not uploading it giving an error according to the type of file or format.
the scans below are taken otherwise with along process.

Image18.jpg
Image19.jpg

NOT fixed, it runs OK but when a file is chosen it does not uploading it giving an error according to the type of file or format.
the scans below are taken otherwise with along process.

View attachment 34813 View attachment 34814

That's interesting. Is your drive a SSD internal? set your Bios up for Legacy (in my case and disable UEFI). then try it. I probably should have mentioned that.

my megatrends Bios offers:
UEFI
UEFI with CSM
Legacy

If I select Legacy, it disables fast boot since windows 7 didn't have this feature

that might make a difference @ nichosi

@ Everyone:

I never thought about the BIOS issue. First change your boot to Legacy. Most bios systems have a feature to change from legacy to UEFI with CSM to UEFI and the ability to set to a fast boot or something along those lines.

But by all means disable UEFI. Don't even change it AFTER Windows 7 installation because UEFI didn't exist back in Windows 7's days.

-RAG

1. HD is SATA 1tb inside the PC box. (WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WCC3F5DFN1PE, rev 01.01A01, SMART Status: Healthy). What is SSD

2. BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 0702 06/19/2008

3. None of these found in Bios, UEFI, UEFI with CSM, except Legacy for the USB.

4. Never had Win 7 , only XP then w8 & w8.1.

I set W10 in a stick last year & thinking of going W10 now. Will this get ImageShack Uploader working properly?

Will it be a good idea to go W10? It is only a home PC used for Word, e-mails, ordering things & FSX. It works OK except for a couple of old programs misbehaving, like in "Office 2000" the "WORD" was OK at first in W8 & then in W8.1 although it still works fine but to close it need to press "cancel" in a small error box saying there is an error & will inform me if there is a solution. (it never found one). ............thanx ..........nick

Will it be a good idea to go W10?
I'm not sure nichosi, it may help it may not.

Is it only the imageshack uploader which isn't working? Have you tried running it as administrator?

I upgraded to W10, Imageshack & Word still the same but, forget it.

How to stop all the news icons appearing.

How can I stop Edge opening when I click the "e" icon. I want it to open ie 11.

.....nick

Delete it and then goto the start find internet explorer and pin it to the taskbar

I got it by finding it in Win. Explorer & pinned it in task bar. Hope it stays there.

In general so far, if I did got rid of edge for good, w10 seems to work OK.

I pray its safety/security features are even better than my old w8.1.

No doubt I will be back bothering you with more questions soon.
....thanx ....nick

So you did upgrade after all.. Welcome to Windows 10 :)

The images still won't upload I see and did you say Word won't work either?

Try to open Word in safe mode and check the issue.
Follow these steps to start Word in safe mode:
First quit Word.
Now click on Start and browse to Microsoft Word through Programs.
Hold down Ctrl key while you start Word, until you receive a message to start Word in safe mode.
When you get the message to start Word in safe mode, click Yes.

Nope, won't go to safe mode but its OK I'll leave with it.

Now am fighting to get rid of Edge, Icons, News etc. & make IE 11 & Classic Start Menu permanent defaults like I did with w8.1. ..........thanx .......nick

You can find the Apps and Default apps settings here if it's any help.. :)

apps.jpg

Default apps
apps1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom