Windows 7 Install fails ?

lencuff

While trying to figure the Code 5 error I have on one PC, I'm trying to install on another. All goes fine until I get the partition/disk to choose. I've only got a single disk in and I have a 40Gb partition spare on it which I select.
When I press Next I get this message -

Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the setup log files for more information.

There is no option to look at the log files so I can only cancel. I have tries deleting the partition and formatting it and they both run fine.

I have also tried a SATA disk and that gives me exactly the same result. Does the disk have to be completely
empty before W7 will install?

I'd say by the sounds of it you have a corrupt ISO.. there have been a few of them floating around and it could have become corrupt when you burned it.. I'd suggest going to the Microsoft site and downloading the ISO again and re-burn it and try again..

And in answer to your last sentence.. Unless your doing an Upgrade then YES the partition your going to install to needs to be completely empty before proceeding.. ;)

No problem! I'm just glad to hear you got it up and running! :) Hope you enjoy Windows 7 as much as I am..

Back