Windows 7 install on 1.5TB HDD partitoned with Easus with xp pro sp3 already on it

Trion

I have a 1.5TB Seagate HDD - I used Easus to partition the HDD into sizeable partitions to try and facilitate the installation of the windows 7 7100 RC onto its own partition which I set at about 200GB size - I understand this is suposed to be a clean installation - can I perform a clean installation on its own partition or do I need to uninstall xp pro and just install that and then reinstall xp pro? - will be difficult but not impossible if necessary as I have almost 200GB of extraneous files to transfer to an external drive if necessary before I can do uninstall then reinstall - I am hoping I don't have to do any of that

From what I have read and from my own experiance you should not have to remove XP. Actually you are supposed to install the oldest OS first and then the newest(I guess it just works better that way). As far as I know a "clean" install for 7 just means a formated partition or a blank HDD.

Back