Windows 10 Install on new build

TacoKing

Hi all,
Today I built a desktop. I have a 64-bit Win10 install disc, but when I try to install it, I get a BSoD: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Earlier, I had an issue with one of my mem sticks, but now it's working. However, this problem would happen in all 4 possible combos of my two sticks in positions 1 and 2. Can someone please help me with this?
Specs:
MSI Z170A Gaming M5 motherboard
Intel Core i5 6600
2x8gb Crucial DDR4 2133
EVGA 2GB GDDR5 GeForce GTX 960
Corsair CX600M 80+ Bronze power supply

I thought that it might not happen if I install another OS on it, and as I was already going to do so for career purposes, I installed Linux Mint Cinnamon 64-bit. Obviously, that didn't do anything; I'm getting the exact same BSoD.

My problem with the mem sticks before was that it would only work with one stick; the other one was, I presumed, defective, as if it was installed at all, the PC wouldn't display anything (posting?). However, now it seems to be working fine, after I installed Linux.

Thank you :)

Hi,
it sounds like your RAM might be faulty. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Also please this thread and post the results:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Hi,
are you testing the RAM together or individually? If it's together I'd test them on their own. Also when you run the pc does it bsod on one stick and not the other? If you've not checked this I would try it. See if the pc will run ok on either stick. If one bsod's and the other doesn't then chances are you have the bad stick (sometimes it can be the case where it would take memtest86 many hours before it errored out)

Did you update the motherboard Bios? See if you have the latest version.

ok when i tried to exit, i noticed that the screen is frozen. Time is stuck, it's not moving at all. Could this tell us anything?

Not exactly.. Just that something isn't right. Did you check on the motherboard Bios?

Yes, it seems it is a few versions behind. Should I flash these versions one at a time or should I just go right to the most recent version?

Jump straight to the most recent version. You'll often find these updates are for compatibility too

Sorry, unfortunately, I'm having issues with the updating. I enter M-Flash mode with the USB that has the updated bios version on it. However, it seems that my motherboard is unable to see the update file. I'm going to try a few other ways of setting this up, including leaving the update as a zip file.

I'm just gonna take my computer to a family friend. He's the one who sold most of these parts and I think it would be better if I could learn this in person.Thank you for your help and your time, Kemical.

Ok bud, probably for the best if your friend can help directly. Hope all goes well. Post back if your getting no where..

Back