Windows 7 Install proces freezes om Kingston SSDNow V series in Asus eeePC 1201HAB

digicoach

When I try to install Windows 7 from an USB stick on an Asus EeePC 1201HAB with a Kingston SSDNow V series 120GB the process freezes when I try to install Windows 7 Home Premium or format on the ssd. :(

Even installing from an external dvd player results in the same problem, when Windows starts to copy files during installation, the proces freezes every time... The ssd itself is working, I checked that in another system. Could it be a problem with the combination of a Kingston SSDNow V series in the Asus eeePC 1201HAB?

I could use some help...

When I try to install Windows 7 from an USB stick on an Asus EeePC 1201HAB with a Kingston SSDNow V series 120GB the process freezes when I try to install Windows 7 Home Premium or format on the ssd. :(

Even installing from an external dvd player results in the same problem, when Windows starts to copy files during installation, the proces freezes every time... The ssd itself is working, I checked that in another system. Could it be a problem with the combination of a Kingston SSDNow V series in the Asus eeePC 1201HAB?

I could use some help...

IMHO the only way you are going to verify your last statement is to find and try another SSD. I Googled your device and SSD's and see no generic problem with using SSDs in the EeePC. I'm running Win7 on an SSD in my laptop and in my desktop and had no problems formatting or installing Win7 on either. Its obviously not a problem with your method of installation unless you ended up with a corrupt ISO that you are using on both.

Back