When installing a program with a setup file from my data partition (E:\) or a (virtual) disk to C:\ I get error codes indicating installer cannot create files in the temp folder.
When I then copy the setup file to anywhere on C:\ it runs and installs without any problem.
So I can't install software from a (virtual) disk.
What i did to cause this?
The only thing I can come up with is moving some of the special folders to the data disk; my documents, my music, my videos, my pictures, desktop, saved games and downloads. I did this by creating a folder, for example E:\Desktop and then going to C:\Users\Marja, r-click on Desktop folder and selecting Move... Then pointing to E:\Desktop and included all files when moving.
Good to know:
- It installs windows updates without problems.
- Clean install is not an option
- Different errors occur for any setup.exe from any program and always indicate not being able to write/create data to temp folders. For example; "Error 5 Access denied", bla bla was not able to create temporary folder, NSIS errors.
What I tried:
- Switched of Avast (only active security)
- Took ownership of the setup file and took ownership of the temp folders.
- Check if the Temp folders were set to the right location. They were. Though at the moment I can only find: C:\Users\Marja\AppData\Local\Temp
- Logged in on administrator account Marja.
- Ran the setups as administrator
- UAC is on lowest setting. No notifications.
- Ran SFC /Scannow twice. Found some issues first time, fixed them, didn't solve the problem. Second time no issues found.
- Ran repair from USB windows install 'disk'. Found no problems with windows.
- Went to temp folder and r-click removed the 'read only' mark from the folder and sub folders and files.
View attachment DxDiag.txt
503.6 KB Views: 326