Windows 8 Installing Windows 8 on Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Pro

mrjohnc

Hi All

Not sure if I've put this in the right place.

I've own a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Pro, there is a nearly identical hardware version (the same minus the inbuilt projector and 4GB instead of 2GB of RAM) that runs Windows 8.1 called the Yoga Tablet 2 13. Can you tell me if it would be possible if I bought a license key to install Windows 8 as a dual boot with Android?

Many thanks

John

Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Pro

Yes you can put Windows 8 on it... the 13 is screen size.

The space would be a squish because you need a swap file and spare room to stop fragmentation… I suspect the wifi and camera will hit driver issues as well but you can work around the wifi by using a v-network bridge and 8 has a lot more support from outside Microsoft when it comes to apps.

Back it up first!

p.s. Does it have to be 8 i.e. 10 would work as well as a dual and doesn't need a license?

Yes you can put Windows 8 on it... the 13 is screen size.

The space would be a squish because you need a swap file and spare room to stop fragmentation… I suspect the wifi and camera will hit driver issues as well but you can work around the wifi by using a v-network bridge and 8 has a lot more support from outside Microsoft when it comes to apps.

Back it up first!

p.s. Does it have to be 8 i.e. 10 would work as well as a dual and doesn't need a license?

Wonderful, 10 is absolutely fine :) Can you point to a baby step guide of how to do it? There's 32GB internal storage and an SD card that I'm happy to buy the biggest size (I think 64GB).

Thanks very much

John

Sorry John,

I can point you to the windows 10 download: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

I don’t own a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Pro… seriously doubt anyone has posted a “how too” for dual-booting one given that the current windows 10 beta is about a week old.

The inbuilt sd storage card is useless for installing… its nice to have extra space for your photos and music but don’t try to put a Windows * operating system on one.

There's 32GB internal storage

They should come with a 256GB or 512GB ssd so allowing for a swap page drive isn’t needed and even allowing for recovery space still gives you at least 50g at the back to put the Windows 10… tight but doable.

* Linux Mint would work

Once again, make a back up image first using Acronis true image or one of the free programs that can make bootable images… not that piece of shit that Microsoft calls backup software.

Hi Mr John. How is your installation of windows 10 on lenovo yoga tablet?does itwork well?i have a lenovo yoga tablet 2 pro as well and im planning to do the same if it works...looking forward for a feedback from all users too.thanks thanks.

Back