Windows 7 Installing XP mode 32 bit in Windows 7 Professional 64 bit?

sinebar

Hello all

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit in bootcamp on a MacBook Pro 13". I installed XP mode but the version that installed was XP 64 bit. I would like to install XP mode 32 bit so I can run Splinter Cell and a few other older games. Is there a way to load XP mode 32 bit under Windows 7 64 bit Pro?

Solution
Firstly, XP mode will not run those sort of games, it doesnt support the native installed hardware GPU, rather it uses an crappy emulated intel crap VGA thing. It's aimed at applications and software graphics, anything 3d hardware based wont run.

Secondly it is still 32bit even in 64bit windows 7, as windows xp x64 was such an absolutely unstable mess due to drivers, it was never used for the emulator.
Firstly, XP mode will not run those sort of games, it doesnt support the native installed hardware GPU, rather it uses an crappy emulated intel crap VGA thing. It's aimed at applications and software graphics, anything 3d hardware based wont run.

Secondly it is still 32bit even in 64bit windows 7, as windows xp x64 was such an absolutely unstable mess due to drivers, it was never used for the emulator.

Last edited:
Solution
Back