Windows 7 Internet Explorer 8

RicGIb

Hi, I had some problems first of all with getting printer driver to install, unplugged the USB Cable, reformatted the hard drive about 3 times still to no avail, until the last time and problem solver directed me to HP for the correct driver, it seems that I was trying to install a photsmart driver when apparently I didn't have photsmart software, so, I just put in the basic printer driver and all is working fine, now a new problem has arisen and that is I had Internet Explorer 7 and everything was fine, it even upgraded to Explorer 8 and that was fine and working well for a day and then today......nothing, it won't even let me download 7 or 8 now. What happened? I thought everything was fine at last. I love WIndows 7, but it has been somewhat of a headache and I am used to these kinds of glitches as I am a Beta Tester for another software company, but it would be easy with them because you could uninstall if it messed up your PC, but not so with W7. Anyone have suggestions on where do I get Explorer back? Thanks!! Ric Gibson
WIndows 7 Beta

HP Pavilion a1620y
3.0 GHz Hard Drive
2.0 GB RAM

Hello,

There is no IE7 included in Windows 7 previre. It's the beta version of IE8.

I don't understand how you think you got IE7, but there is no way to uninstall it or upgrade to IE8 unless you install Build 7022

In Build 7022, IE8 RC1 is available and is much better than IE* beta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note: Microsoft does have versions of IE8 Release Candidate 1 for XP and Vista.
I have them both and they work great.

:)

I also installed IE8 RC1 on XP PRO and it works VERY well! Much better and faster than IE7 ever thought of.. :)

Hi All, thanks for your recent replies, I don't know how I got Explorer 7 either and then the Upgrade to 8, maybe it was a fluke carryover from Vista (who knows?) Anyway, I hear and read a lot about 7022 but no one offers a link to get it and I won't use Torrents, so if you have a link, please send it to me at [email protected] Thanks, Ric Gibson

Hi All, thanks for your recent replies, I don't know how I got Explorer 7 either and then the Upgrade to 8, maybe it was a fluke carryover from Vista (who knows?) Anyway, I hear and read a lot about 7022 but no one offers a link to get it and I won't use Torrents, so if you have a link, please send it to me at [email protected] Thanks, Ric Gibson

1. Don't "scream" we are not blind. :)
2. There are NO official links to build 7022. If you want that build, you'll have to use torrents.

Back