Windows 7 Internet Explorer Default Window Size

Zep

Ok, I need some help because I've been trying to do this for a while and it's starting to drive me crazy. I've got Windows 7 and IE8. All I want to do is make it so whenever I open IE8 it defaults the window size to full. It bugs me a lot for some reason to have to maximize it from some weird size every time I open it up. I've looked all over the place online and I've tried a number of different things, none of which worked. Can someone help me out? That would be great.

Ok, I need some help because I've been trying to do this for a while and it's starting to drive me crazy. I've got Windows 7 and IE8. All I want to do is make it so whenever I open IE8 it defaults the window size to full. It bugs me a lot for some reason to have to maximize it from some weird size every time I open it up. I've looked all over the place online and I've tried a number of different things, none of which worked. Can someone help me out? That would be great.

Oh you'll love this: Link Removed - Invalid URL

It also has a function to kill any page that you don't want to open... like some that can bypass the popup blocks

I only allow TWO programs to run at startup... that one and StartupMonitor

Thanks, but is there any way to do it without installing a program? There's really no way I'm installing a program just for that...

There is no way I would have my computer without it either. I've been using it for about 10 years. It is definitely THE answer.

You need to drag the top,. bottom,. and sides with the mouse to the border ,. Now choose File > Exit. DO NOT use the red X

Close it out and re-open it.

Did that work?

IE8 opening full screen.

Also try this link (I am NOT responsible in any manner for what YOU do with the system registry) AND if you feel comfortable modifying the system registry.
Link Removed due to 404 Error

'Zep',

welcome to Windows 7 Forums :)

The way it works (well sposed to, anyway) is you make a browser window a certain (desired) size, close it (X out) & when you re-open it, the next time, it's the size (again) that it was when you last closed it. Will open to that (same) size, til it gets changed in the same way. That's it.

Cheers,
Drew

"A scan a day keeps the nasties away!"
Internet Explorer, Firefox and windows Explorer always open to the size I set them to. I think there's something wrong with somebody's computer if it doesn't work this way.

Simple way to maximize all Internet explorer 8 windows

Friendz,

I saw most of the people were asking for the option to maximize all Internet explorer windows size. There are some tricks which might work only for some windows but not for all the Internet Explorer windows. As I am working as a technical support, I found an option to set all Internet Explorer Windows maximized.

It is very simple, please follow the below steps:

1. Open Internet Explorer and press F12 to open Developers tools windows for Internet explorer.
2. Click on Tools and select Resize.
3. Select the maximum screen resolution size you have.
4. Close the Internet explorer and reopen it to get the maximized windows.

From now you will be able to open any Internet explorer windows in maximized size even though if you open a link right clicking on it and select "Open in a new window".

Ref: Set Internet Explorer 8 to open all IE windows maximized.

Back